Ft. Lauderdale location of shipping facility

TwoCalBears

My husband and I will be bringing some bottles of spirits back with us from our Caribbean cruise, and wonder how people get their bottles home (other than packing them in your luggage & hoping they don't break). Has anyone had good experience shipping bottles home from a UPS or other shipper near the cruise port or airport? What is the shipper/location?

My husband and I will be bringing some bottles of spirits back with us from our Caribbean cruise, and wonder how people get their bottles home (other than packing them in your luggage & hoping they don't break). Has anyone had good experience shipping bottles home from a UPS or other shipper near the cruise port or airport? What is the shipper/location?

There is a UPS Store located about 5-10 minutes from the port on SE 17th Street (you can Google it for the exact address). If you just have a couple of bottles, I recommend ordering some reusable padded absorbent bottle bags. You can order these online through Amazon.com. I have packed various wine and liquor bottles in my checked luggage and have never had an issue with neither breakage nor leakage.

Thank you! I suspect you're right about it not being worth the trouble of carrying/shipping spirits home from the Caribbean for people who are near a good bottle shop at home (as we are). However, given that my husband has just recently discovered his inner mixologist, and is making a study of Caribbean rums a focus of our cruise, I suspect that he will probably want to bring some home for bragging rights!

Archived