3rd & 4th bed in quad cabin VOS

Hi

We are still trying to work out what cabin to get for the new year’s eve VOS cruise. We are a family of four, 2 kids 17 & 14. With the recent price jump for the quad cabins it may be easier to get 2 twin rooms but for similar money we can get superior balcony or large ocean view.

For those who have been on the ship before or on a similar RCC cruise we are wondering how good the sofa beds are. If I go to a motel I'm never a fan of paying good money to sleep on a sofa bed or some other makeshift bed. Are the beds for the third or 4th person comfortable?

On our previous P&O cruise the beds folded out from the wall (pullman?), the kids did not seem to mind them. If we get the twin rooms then we know the kids will have a proper bed to sleep in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

We are still trying to work out what cabin to get for the new year’s eve VOS cruise. We are a family of four, 2 kids 17 & 14. With the recent price jump for the quad cabins it may be easier to get 2 twin rooms but for similar money we can get superior balcony or large ocean view.

For those who have been on the ship before or on a similar RCC cruise we are wondering how good the sofa beds are. If I go to a motel I'm never a fan of paying good money to sleep on a sofa bed or some other makeshift bed. Are the beds for the third or 4th person comfortable?

On our previous P&O cruise the beds folded out from the wall (pullman?), the kids did not seem to mind them. If we get the twin rooms then we know the kids will have a proper bed to sleep in.

Thanks in advance.

We had a double Bed and one Pullman (for a 7 year old) with a window cabin on VOS, there were 2 Pullman beds left and right.

We thought it was ok, better than 2 sets of single bunks.

If you can get two twins for a similar price its a no brainer, get them.

Just for the space and the two bathrooms if nothing else.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

We are also on this cruise....and my kids are the same age. I would definately go for the twin rooms. Besides having 2 bathrooms, they will love having their own space (and so will you) :)

Just be warned that if under 21 they must be in a cabin next door or directly opposite your cabin. Not sure what the availability is like..if not showing online call RCI because they don't show all the available cabins online.

Hope this helps! Donna

A number of the twin rooms seem to have inter-connecting doors, so we were planning on something like that. I did not know that they could be in their own room if it is next door or opposite.

We were planning on booking one kid to each of us, maybe we won't have to.

Archived