Catamaran/Beach + Planes - Advice Please

boleynkid

I seem to be having trouble working out the best trip for my wife and I whilst in St Maarten so your personal experiences would be much appreciated.

Catamaran seems to be the way to go as I think I have read that the roads get very busy so with 4 cruise ships being in Port that day I can imagine the roads will be busier than usual (don't want to miss the ship). It seems to be a case of whether to choose Bernard's, Golden Eagle or Mirabela (others ?). Just looking for a good sail, visit to a nice beach and catch a few planes (3 ?) at Maho as they come in to land. It would appear the snorkelling isn't great in St Maarten so not too worried about that aspect and I daresay we will have done that elsewhere.

Thanks very much for your help.

You are correct on land excursions are very busy. We did Bernards a few years ago and it was wonderful. We had booked Capt Bob(refunded our deposit) this past Jan and it was cancelled due to high winds..safety first worked for us. Going to try again in April. Seems that St Maartens is always very windy. Good luck...hope this helped.

I seem to be having trouble working out the best trip for my wife and I whilst in St Maarten so your personal experiences would be much appreciated.

Catamaran seems to be the way to go as I think I have read that the roads get very busy so with 4 cruise ships being in Port that day I can imagine the roads will be busier than usual (don't want to miss the ship). It seems to be a case of whether to choose Bernard's, Golden Eagle or Mirabela (others ?). Just looking for a good sail, visit to a nice beach and catch a few planes (3 ?) at Maho as they come in to land. It would appear the snorkelling isn't great in St Maarten so not too worried about that aspect and I daresay we will have done that elsewhere.

Thanks very much for your help.

You are correct on land excursions are very busy. We did Bernards a few years ago and it was wonderful. We had booked Capt Bob(refunded our deposit) this past Jan and it was cancelled due to high winds..safety first worked for us. Going to try again in April. Seems that St Maartens is always very windy. Good luck...hope this helped.

Its not always windy in St. Maarten. You should be fine in April.:)

Archived