Grand suite vs owner's suite vs grand +interior

I am going to be cruising on the Independence of the Seas next February (yay for another JoCo Cruise!) and this time i am bringing my husband and kids.

What we have planned right now is to get a grand suite for my husband and I and an interior cabin for the kids. Mainly because I was concerned about the other bed being a pull out couch. My kids are boy/girl and old enough they can't share a bed anymore (11/13 at time of cruise)

But then I think I saw something about getting a roll-out bed possibly? I would love to be able to do that and have us all in the same room (and getting all the same concierge benefits) Plus I'm a little nervous about them having a room to themselves and killing each other in the night because someone won't turn the lights on/off like the other wanted. *LOL*

Is it going to be too tight for all of us? Is it really possible to get a roll away bed?

I am going to be cruising on the Independence of the Seas next February (yay for another JoCo Cruise!) and this time i am bringing my husband and kids.

What we have planned right now is to get a grand suite for my husband and I and an interior cabin for the kids. Mainly because I was concerned about the other bed being a pull out couch. My kids are boy/girl and old enough they can't share a bed anymore (11/13 at time of cruise)

But then I think I saw something about getting a roll-out bed possibly? I would love to be able to do that and have us all in the same room (and getting all the same concierge benefits) Plus I'm a little nervous about them having a room to themselves and killing each other in the night because someone won't turn the lights on/off like the other wanted. *LOL*

Is it going to be too tight for all of us? Is it really possible to get a roll away bed?

I like a lot of space, so I think that it would be tight in a GS. It might work in a OS, though. Also, call RCI and see what the price would be for the Royal Fanily Suite and if they would let you book it for 4 people. It often doesn't show up as being available to book online. Then you would gave separate bedrooms for you and the kids and two bathrooms as well, plus all of the Concierge amenities. Just a thought....:)

I looked at the prices for the royal family suite (we are booking via our 'convention' not RCI and it's required we do it that way) and wasn't sure we could justify the price, plus I don't like the location of it necessarily. DD gets a little seasick and I've heard it is better if our room is in the middle for that.

Decisions decisions!!!

I looked at the prices for the royal family suite (we are booking via our 'convention' not RCI and it's required we do it that way) and wasn't sure we could justify the price, plus I don't like the location of it necessarily. DD gets a little seasick and I've heard it is better if our room is in the middle for that.

Decisions decisions!!!

Fair enough. :)

Wocheez - hmm. Thanks, that's really good to know. So even if I don't get the owner's, I won't be completely screwed.

ARCruisinNana - Yes, definitely a benefit, but we don't have any shower/bath hogs (including me) we're all get clean and get out, so we share nicely :) At home we frequently end up sharing a bathroom because our shower is nicer than the kids' *LOL*

Archived