Eden Rock or Cheeseburger Reef for snorkeling?

Sea Sprite

Hello all,

My mom and I are looking for a great snorkel spot.I'm leaning towards Eden Rock because from what I have read you can rent lockers to store your stuff. Does anyone know of there are lockers at Cheeseburger Reef? Also, is the snorkeling better at Cheeseburger Reef or Eden Rock?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks TurtleTagger! Sounds like you know your stuff! Is there somewhere you would suggest I snorkel instead? I was originally thinking of Cemetery Beach but wasn't sure what to do with my stuff while in the water.

I posted some pictures and video from Eden Rock in my review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37329170#post37329170

Not having snorkeled in the Caribbean before the experience was neat, but it was nothing compared to the Coral Gardens snorkeling I did later in the day with Nativeway. There weren't nearly as many fish at Eden Rock, most of the hard coral was dead, and almost everything was the same brown color due to the waves kicking up silt. We could easily see a variety of fan coral and some scattered fish and sea urchins. We mostly saw blue tangs, butterfly fish, and grunts, although we also found a Triggerfish and a Peacock Flounder.

I posted some pictures and video from Eden Rock in my review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37329170#post37329170

Not having snorkeled in the Caribbean before the experience was neat, but it was nothing compared to the Coral Gardens snorkeling I did later in the day with Nativeway. There weren't nearly as many fish at Eden Rock, most of the hard coral was dead, and almost everything was the same brown color due to the waves kicking up silt. We could easily see a variety of fan coral and some scattered fish and sea urchins. We mostly saw blue tangs, butterfly fish, and grunts, although we also found a Triggerfish and a Peacock Flounder.

Thanks Ahecht! That was super helpful! I've seen the string rays but not the coral gardens so I'll see if I can find a way to just snorkel the gardens and then hit 7 mile beach.

Archived