Magic ocean view deluxe accommodations

SnJ01

We just booked the ocean view deluxe stateroom for our cruise since its the only stateroom on the magic that accommodates 5 people. Has anyone had this type of room? The carnival associate I spoke with said that it is all twin beds and they cannot convert one set of twins to a king. But yet, the picture shows different. Has anyone had a ocean view deluxe? If so, could you please give me your input and post a pic if possible? MUCHO GRACIAS

we had a Deluse OV on the Breeze (same class) and the twin bids can be put together to make a King. There is separation because of the ladders to connect the top and bottom bunks but they can be put together.

We had deluxe OV on the Magic in 2011. Loved it. Loved the 2 bathrooms. I like a tub bath and the tub was big enough for that, and I'm not especially small. We had the 2 twins made into 1 queen, maybe a king. Can't remember for sure. Our TA got us a free upgrade from an inside to this. What a nice surprise!

We sailed in an OV deluxe for five on the Magic last month. The steward had the lower twins put together into a king when we arrived. When he pulled down the uppers, the ladder for the upper that was over one side of the king was placed on the end of the upper. It was clear that the upper was designed to have the ladder in the middle, but they have found a solution for parents who don't want to sleep on two twins. I would be surprised if your beds are not set up this way. You could always leave a polite note for the steward if they're not. Although an adult would have trouble sqeezing between the two uppers to climb up on the end, it was no problem for our daughter.

To answer other questions I had before the cruise about the cabins...The sofabed was left as a bed all week for our youngest; the steward put the sofa pillows under the king. Each bed had reading lights. There was a curtain to pull in the middle of the room, between the king/upper and the sofabed/upper, which gave us another place to change into clothes and swimsuits. It was also helpful having two bathroom areas, although there's only one toilet. The youngest could have some quiet time playing in the bathtub, and we could still use the toilet, shower, and sink in the other bathroom. We managed to store -- under the bed and in the lifejacket closet -- four small suitcases, two large suitcases, and a garment bag. We had enough drawers and hanger space for all our clothes, but we were glad we brought extra hangers. We left a note for the steward to empty the fridge of any mini-bar items, and the fridge was empty when we returned. The fridge is only cool enough for soda not dairy products!

Thank you all for your input! We just returned from the magic this past Sunday. It was just hubby and I. We had a great time as always and are looking forward to taking the kids to the Bahamas this summer. We had some service issues on the Magic which was surprising as we have always had superb service on previous Carnival ships. We made our complaint and hoping all is worked out before the next cruise.

It's very roomy! We had 5 of us in here and it really was not too bad! Also, there is storage under the couch/bed. We did not realize that until half way through the trip! The 2 restrooms are great and one of the restrooms has a jr tub. I even took baths in it! have fun!

Archived