Serenity spa tub. No one ever gets out!

Endlessquest

I just sailed on the Carnival Pride and was pretty annoyed with the etiquitte displayed by some of my fellow passengers using the Serenity spa tub.

It seemed that whenever I wanted to take a dip in the spa it was always full. The spa held maybe 6 guests, What bothered me was that no one ever came out. I would wait over an hour at times and the same six people never moved. This happened every day from 8A to late afternoon, rain, shine, sea day, port day.

Finally on day 6 on a cold overcast day heading back to baltimore i decided to give it another try. sure enough, 6 guests in the spa. I took a dip in the pool and spoke to a couple of ladies who also were annoyed that these folks were in the spa for over an hour. the two ladies decided to go up and asked if there was room for them. these people not only didn't answer them, they didn't even look at them. finally on of the ladies started to go in. Two people came out. The other lady stepped in. I then walked up and stepped in and was given the dirtiest look by one of the two remaining couples. They got up and finally the last two got out.

Does this happen on other ships as well? I commented to carnival that maybe a sighn reading "Please limit your time in the spa to 10 minutes so others may enjoy the spa as well"

We're not really interested in the 'hot' tubs, especially during the day.

They can be pretty nice in the evening when the hot sun is not beating down on you.

I've seen what you are talking about on every cruise we've ever done. I would recommend doing what you all did, ... just step in. You will have crashed their party and some, if not all will vacate the tub.

They don't own the dam* thing!

]

"Originally Posted by beachbum53 viewpost.gif

Next time you encounter a similar situation, stand at the edge of the hot tub, yell "Yee-haw!" real loud, then do a cannonball into the hot tub. That'll clear out the hot tub hogs real quick.:D"

Ha...I'm 6'3" and 280. I think just the sight of me caused them to clear out. Any way, with all the "cess pool" comments, I don't think Ill ever go back in one onboard a cruise ship!

Thanks for the hot tub insigt and humor!

I just sailed on the Carnival Pride and was pretty annoyed with the etiquitte displayed by some of my fellow passengers using the Serenity spa tub.

It seemed that whenever I wanted to take a dip in the spa it was always full. The spa held maybe 6 guests, What bothered me was that no one ever came out. I would wait over an hour at times and the same six people never moved. This happened every day from 8A to late afternoon, rain, shine, sea day, port day.

Finally on day 6 on a cold overcast day heading back to baltimore i decided to give it another try. sure enough, 6 guests in the spa. I took a dip in the pool and spoke to a couple of ladies who also were annoyed that these folks were in the spa for over an hour. the two ladies decided to go up and asked if there was room for them. these people not only didn't answer them, they didn't even look at them. finally on of the ladies started to go in. Two people came out. The other lady stepped in. I then walked up and stepped in and was given the dirtiest look by one of the two remaining couples. They got up and finally the last two got out.

Does this happen on other ships as well? I commented to carnival that maybe a sighn reading "Please limit your time in the spa to 10 minutes so others may enjoy the spa as well"

I can say with 100% certainty that it does happen because it has happened on at least 3 of our last cruises that had Serenity Club. We learned to go get in anyway and if it happened to make anyone already in there a little "testy", too bad, so sad....this is our cruise too!!!!!

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave!!!! :D:D:D

We were on this sailing too....I was mad for the same reason, the hot tubs are so small and people just sit in there forever without any care that other people are waiting to get in there....we joked that Carnival needs to make the Hot tub as big as the pool since no one was ever in it..:D

Next time you encounter a similar situation, stand at the edge of the hot tub, yell "Yee-haw!" real loud, then do a cannonball into the hot tub. That'll clear out the hot tub hogs real quick.:D

Hilarious!!!!:D

Came back on the Carnival Glory in November...same thing...Serentity Pool with same 6 older folks...I sat by the side and they never got out...in fact one person asked me the time! Still no budging. Its really gross come to think about it-they were drinking and drinking and more drinking...gross!

Think about it... those people are sitting there for a loooooooong time... are you certain you want to get in that water? :eek:

Well, if it's any consolation, they're not getting out to use the bathroom either...

I was on the same cruise and didnt have that problem at all. There were two people in there one time and empty the other. Find it hard to believe you were there from 8am and it was full the whole time since I never made it up there until after 9.

Came back on the Carnival Glory in November...same thing...Serentity Pool with same 6 older folks...I sat by the side and they never got out...in fact one person asked me the time! Still no budging. Its really gross come to think about it-they were drinking and drinking and more drinking...gross!

I would have told them, "The time? Time for you to get out!"

Think about it... those people are sitting there for a loooooooong time... are you certain you want to get in that water? :eek:

Used to go in early in the AM, when it was cooler out and not real busy. Then one morning a young couple got in earlier than we did, and they werent "peeing" in the water but I wouldn't want to go in when they got out. :eek:

I have noticed the tubs were always full, and never cared enough to wait 2 hours. After this thread, I will NEVER will dive, cannonball, or submerge my head in any public tub. The chlorine may kill the bacteria, but not the yellow ammonia.

How about this, once the tub reaches 1% yellow ammonia, a flushing will take place. I can just picture 6 drunks, swirling around the edge, and then WHOOSH, 6 less drunks to worry about.:p

]

"Originally Posted by beachbum53 viewpost.gif

Next time you encounter a similar situation, stand at the edge of the hot tub, yell "Yee-haw!" real loud, then do a cannonball into the hot tub. That'll clear out the hot tub hogs real quick.:D"

Ha...I'm 6'3" and 280. I think just the sight of me caused them to clear out. Any way, with all the "cess pool" comments, I don't think Ill ever go back in one onboard a cruise ship!

Thanks for the hot tub insigt and humor!

I usually prefer the more direct approach. Stand on the edge and tell every one in the tub that you have been waiting over an hour to pee in the tub like they have been but since they are not getting up... Guess I will just have to go from here. :D

I have never been in the hot tub and never will. Why on earth would anyone want to take a hot bath with strangers. I would never allow my child in one either. Gross and double gross.

I agree! For me and my family, there is zero appeal to hot tubs.

Triple gross!

Used to go in early in the AM, when it was cooler out and not real busy. Then one morning a young couple got in earlier than we did, and they werent "peeing" in the water but I wouldn't want to go in when they got out. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

No words...except.......no words.

That would be awesome! Instead of a "people of walmart" we could have a "people of cruising"...

Yeah and we can start by filming the people that are on all these posts commenting about what everyone else is doing this way everyone will know how to be the perfect cruiser. I know that not one cc poster on these... what you should / should not do threads... would ever possibly do something that would annoy a fellow cruiser so once the training session is over we will all be....perfect

I'm going to start taking pictures and publish a rude guest photo album.

Do you realize how popular that would be? I have pictures that I would be glad to donate to you if you get that album off the ground. If I had the time I would soooo give godaddy a few bucks and create a web page like that.

Do you realize how popular that would be? I have pictures that I would be glad to donate to you if you get that album off the ground. If I had the time I would soooo give godaddy a few bucks and create a web page like that.

Yes! One of my favorite would be taking a picture of trying to get off an elevator and the people that come on wont move and they try to get off...

I was on the same cruise and didnt have that problem at all. There were two people in there one time and empty the other. Find it hard to believe you were there from 8am and it was full the whole time since I never made it up there until after 9.

Maybe you are one of the people the OP is complaining about?? :D

(I'm just kidding.)

Maggie

Archived