Cozumel Jeep Adventure...WOW! what fun!

Rodeomomof2

We just got off of the Sensation this morning. We were in Cozumel on Tuesday and despite the rain we set out on our excursion that we booked with Adventuras Naturalas. We were lucky to have gotten Heather for our guide! It was just my husband and myself (both 34) and Heather as we headed across the island in our jeep. We had so much fun, we went down all of these sandy/dirt/rocky roads and had the beach all to ourselves for the most part and visited 2 ruins and had fresh coconut from a sweet little gentleman who spoke to us in Mayan...so that was cool. This would not be the kind of tour to take if you are opposed to getting wet/dirty/sweaty.....but if you are up for a great time, I highly recommend it. The lunch that we ate was great, we had "polo chicken" and it was soooo good, even in the rain! haha :) It was great to get away from the crowd for a while and do something fun. The roads are bumpy and you have to hang on; but it was never dull;) ! Heather told us all kinds of things about the island and the history of the Mayan culture and the local culture there now....it was great.

It was truly the highlight of our rainy cruise!:)

• 2 years later...

You are welcome! As you can tell we liked it because are doing it again in August....with our kids and the rest of our group..CAN'T WAIT! I am going to e-mail Heather and see about getting it set up.;)

My jeep tour was in 2005 before hurricane Wilma destroyed a large portion of the jungle, so it is different now. The island jeep tour that she does now looks fun. You were lucky with getting to see an octopus while snorkeling, it was lightning while we were on our tour, so no snorkeling for us. We did have fun any way though. ;) Heather really is great!

I just noticed that it was first posted in 2005!! I just glanced at the june part. Oh well....yea, it sounds like the hurricane pretty much messed up going "off road"... Most of our tour was on paved roads except going out to a new found small ruin and El Cedral.

Archived