High Pockets Day Sail

VPIcruiser

We had a great time on High Pockets last week. The two snorkeling stops were great and the lunch was delicious. The cost is $110 per person if paid in cash, credit card charge is $120 per person. It was worth the money. Here is the website [url="http://pws.prserv.net/sailhighpockets/"]http://pws.prserv.net/sailhighpockets/[/url]

• 3 weeks later...
I just wanted to confirm everyone's praise of Kathleen and her High Pockets sail. We sailed on 4/23/04 and it was the best excursion I have ever taken. Well worth the money--Kathleen was fabulous.

My mom and I went and Kathleen had three other people booked. There was plenty of room for 5 as well as Kathleen and her first mate Hilary. My mom and I went through immigration on our ship around 8 and got a taxi towards red hook at 8:45 for a 9:30 departure. We met at the American Yacht Club Dock A at 9:30 and sailed across Pillsbury Sound/Bay towards St. John and Tortola. That took about an hour. We then snorkeled near Caneel Bay for about 45 minutes and came back on for lunch. Kathleen and her mate were very friendly and had lots of interesting info. on the island that you could only get from someone who had lived on the island for years. Lunch was fabulous--better than some of the cruise food. After lunch we found a second snorkeling spot near Honeymoon beach on St. John and snorkeled for another 45 minutes. Then we headed back to St. Thomas which took about an hour and a half. The ride back was choppy but I thought it was the fun part. We got back about 4 and we on our ship again by 4:30. A taxi driver met us at the Red Hook dock.

The trip was open bar and Kathleen and her mate made great rum swizzles but you could get any kind of soda, beer or hard alcohol.

The day was expensive but well worth it. It's about $16 each way from where the cruise ships dock to Red Hook via taxi ($16 for two people). The trip was $110 per person if you paid cash. We also tipped Kathleen's first mate because she was great.

Also, my mom is not so mobile and has back problems and she was able to snorkel and get in the dinghy (sp?) for the short ride out to the sail boat.

I can answer any other questions if you post here.

Archived