Lhermitage hotel vancouver

Hey guys. I'm sure there are posts on this hotel, but I have tried several different searches and have been unable to find anything. We are leaving out of Vancouver on an HAL cruise and have tentative plans to stay at this hotel the night before we leave.

Is this hotel located close to the pier, is the cab fare reasonable from here to where the cruise ships depart?

Is this hotel close to any shopping for wine and water for our cruise?

Is it fairly close to restaurants?

Any suggestions for better choices in the same price range for a one night stay?

Thanks!

Hi there ,

I would recommend the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel as well the pier is less than a block away. Here is the link below :

http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/

For the L'Hermitage hotel here is the trip advisor Link :

Lots of shopping and restaurants in the area for this hotel -

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154943-d1108305-Reviews-L_Hermitage_Hotel-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

Here is the L'Hermitage hotel website

http://www.lhermitagevancouver.com/default.aspx?pg=home

HRH. Thanks so much for the input. Is there a reason you would recommend the Fairmont over the Lhermitage?. We had looked at the Fairmont but it was almost twice as much as Lhermitage. Is Lhermitage a significant distance from the pier?

To answer your question that hotel is at int he 700 block of Richards St so not far from Canada Place about a $15 cab ride or 10 mins depending on traffic... not really walking distance. You are in the west end of Vancouver but that hotel is not in the heart of tourist items such as restaurants, shopping, Hop on Hop off Buses etc. whereas the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel or the Pan Pacific Hotel are right at Canada Place - also right on the harbor for great views - by the sea wall for scenic walks - close to the Olympic caldron, 2 blocks to GAs Town and right at the main Hop on Hop off Bus stop as well as a pick up point for all other major tour buses including the free Capilano Bridge shuttle bus.

2 other hotels that might be cheaper and are only a block from the above mentioned two are the Marriot Pinnacle and the New World REnnaisance.

Hey guys. I'm sure there are posts on this hotel, but I have tried several different searches and have been unable to find anything. We are leaving out of Vancouver on an HAL cruise and have tentative plans to stay at this hotel the night before we leave.

Is this hotel located close to the pier, is the cab fare reasonable from here to where the cruise ships depart?

Is this hotel close to any shopping for wine and water for our cruise?

Is it fairly close to restaurants?

Any suggestions for better choices in the same price range for a one night stay?

Thanks!

To answer your questions;

• It's well under a mile from the hotel to Canada Place. Cab would be under $10, or a 15 minute walk (slightly downhill). Hotel is approximately Richards & Robson
  • There's a private liquor store a block and a half away called Jimmys (at Robson and Homer), but you'd be better off going to the government liquor store at Seymour & Cordova (about 5 blocks, on the way to Canada Place). For water and things like that, there's a small IGA grocery on Robson, a slightly larger Korean supermarket (HMart) and a 7-11, all within a couple of blocks.
  • There's a ton of casual restaurants on Robson Street. One of my favourites India Gate, is about three blocks away.

Lhermitage map: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=l'hermitage+hotel&ll=49.279215,-123.115132&spn=0.011773,0.017338&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=l'hermitage+hotel&hnear=0x548677a8219c8373:0xdd0a72738752b169,Burnaby,+BC&cid=0,0,8415037543710078075&t=m&z=16https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=l'hermitage+hotel&ll=49.279215,-123.115132&spn=0.011773,0.017338&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=l'hermitage+hotel&hnear=0x548677a8219c8373:0xdd0a72738752b169,Burnaby,+BC&cid=0,0,8415037543710078075&t=m&z=16

I think the previous poster is confusing exactly where the hotel is, it's not in the west end.

I have stayed at the farimont and loved the west coast feel of it . Light and airy . Great Service and wonderful food . I am not familiar with L'Hermitage but I do see that trip advisor rates this very highly .

Another suggestion would be a boutique hotel called the Wedgwood

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154943-d156564-Reviews-Wedgewood_Hotel_Spa-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

The question relating to the l'Hermitage in Vancouver which does not get a lot of play on this board only because it is a 60 room luxury boutique style hotel and it is kind of off peoples radar. But a great hotel and a good location

You will be about 12 blocks to Canada Place, it is walkable or a cab will run you about $10. There are at least 2 private liquor stores and a government liquor store that you will pass on your way to Canada Place. Water can be picked up at London Drugs which is about 3 blocks from the hotel.

The hotel is at the entrance to the trendy Yaletown district which has a ton of restaurants. link

For the same price you will likely get a room at the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront, the Tower at the Terminal City Club all three of which will put you much closer to Canada Place and excellent views of the harbour and Canada Place.

Archived