Final payment credit card charges? Who does it go to?

pomgit

Hi all,

So I booked my wife and I plus the in-laws on the Star ex-Copenhagen for May. I've just made final payment, but something is strange, instead of all the money going against an NCL charge on my credit card there was an extra charge that went to the travel agent.

When I add them up it all totals to the right amount. But this is strange is this their commission? I really would have thought NCL would have taken the full charge and then sent commission back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I booked through an agency that I found thought a website that competes for your cruise bookings. I have booked with them before (an Oceania cruise) and didn't have these mystery charges. I'm asking because some other weird things have gone on with the booking, like auto charging me for final payment without contacting me and charging me for insurance when I asked for it to be removed - so yes looks like this will be the last time. In all fairness they did come in $300 per cabin cheaper - you do get what you pay for!

Thanks everyone for input - just a bit strange as I have never had this happen before. Makes me kind of uneasy and combined with the other issues I've had I won't be booking a cruise vacation through an outlet like this again.

Thanks everyone for input - just a bit strange as I have never had this happen before. Makes me kind of uneasy and combined with the other issues I've had I won't be booking a cruise vacation through an outlet like this again.

I am with you. Never so nervous about a booking before but the $3000 savings was worth the risk and that is not a typo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Depends on who you go with as you are always given a choice. I never book with any company that has cancellation or change fees, and any company that hasn't been around for at least 10 years. I've had good luck with them, and have booked on my own when I wasn't getting a worthy deal.

I am with you. Never so nervous about a booking before but the $3000 savings was worth the risk and that is not a typo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Yep - I was able to get in on group space for the Breakaway at $2500 less than NCL, or anyone else. We decided on the Bermuda sailing instead, so we didn't take it. But yes, you can get good deals on that site at times.

Archived