Carnival port???

carnival0421

Carnival port?

First - There is no cruise ship pier in Grand Cayman - all ships anchor out and use tenders to ferry folks to shore.

98% of the time the ships sit just off downtown Georgetown there are two tender landing areas. Your tour operator will have a better idea of how this works then you do, and knowing which ship you are on will easily know @ which tender landing to meet you.

very helpful

please post a map showing your three

I know of two adjacent to Georgetown and the alternate down at Spotts . . .

always willing to learn!

is anything else I state incorrect? Most importantly, isn't it likely that the local tour operator is going to know which landing OP will be at based on ship name?????? I've never seen the tenders just randomly picking their landings . . . .

(back to GC for a week of diving in just a few days)

Well, actually we have four piers at which tenders regularly bring cruise passengers aboard.

As Capt_BJ noted, the great majority of the time the tenders come into one of the docks in George Town. And caribsun named the three: Royal Watler Terminal, North Terminal, or South Terminal. These are right in the heart of George Town.

When the winds turn and the seas get rough then the cruise ships move around to the south side of the island and tender to the dock at the alternate site in Spotts. This is about three miles or so east of George Town.

If you want to know which cruise terminal a ship is scheduled to use in Cayman, click on the link below and select your arrival date in the calendars. Then click on the name of your ship and a pop-up should display details including anchorage and cruise terminal. Of course this may change, but is usually accurate.

http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php

Grand Cayman has

three tender terminals - - Royal Watler Cruise

Terminal, North Terminal and South Terminal.

Thank you. This was an actual helpful answer. I have never been on a cruise or to Grand Cayman so I have NO idea how anyting works. It is nice to get a polite, straight forward answer that is helpful!!

If you want to know which cruise terminal a ship is scheduled to use in Cayman, click on the link below and select your arrival date in the calendars. Then click on the name of your ship and a pop-up should display details including anchorage and cruise terminal. Of course this may change, but is usually accurate.

http://www.caymanport.com/shipschedules.php

Thank you! This link gave me what I was looking for!

Archived