Disney Dream Review- August 21-25, 2011

Calm Blue Ocean

I know it has been a long time since we sailed on her, but I'd like to do one anyway.

This trip was a wish from my Poppa. There were 7 of us on this sailing- my mom, younger bro, younger sis, cousin, aunt, Granny, and myself. We had 2 balcony rooms- our room (mom, younger bro and sis and I) was 10620, the other was 10648 (Granny, cousin, aunt). Both rooms were located on deck 10.

Pre-cruise:

We drove down to Florida. On the way we stopped at the Kentucky Horse Park for my horse-crazy sister, a train museum for my brother, a place called Rock City, and we did the Lost Sea. All of these places were great. Of course, the Lost Sea and Rock City contained a lot of walking. We stayed in Daytona Beach for 2 nights. I forget where we stayed, but it was really nice. It was sorta like a mini-condo. We loved and are hoping to go back to it this year before we embark on Freedom of the Seas in August.

NEXT UP- EMBARKTION!!

feel free to ask any questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can.

EMBARKTION!! Pt. 1

We got to the cruise terminal at Port Canaveral around 10:30ish (I can't quite remember what time we got there at). There was a long line, so it took almost an hour and a half from the time we got there to the time we got on the ship. After that, it was smooth sailing.

We ate lunch at the Enchanted Garden. It was really nice. It was a buffet style lunch- The food was good. out of 7 of us, 3 had cruised before, 4 had not. My Granny cruised on Holland America to Alaska any years ago with my Poppa. I know that my cousin and aunt have been cruising before, but I don't remember when or where.

At about 1ish, the rooms were ready. We headed on up to deck 10 to check out our rooms.

(excusse the mess. these were taken the morning of disembarktion, as I didn't have a chance to get it before, when it was all nicely made and such)

My younger bro slept on the couch, my youger sis slept on the bed from the ceiling (Iforget what it is called)

8525753303_493014006b.jpg

Where my mom and I slept

8525752251_9fa12a73a1.jpg

What our room looked like when standing in front of the cabin door(well, close to it, anyways)

8526863966_142c395373.jpg

A better view of the space in the room- you can see the balcony too.

8525750011_cc743395bc.jpg

Balcony (part of it anyway)

8526856954_87aed16628.jpg

I will finish part 2 when I get the chance. I have to go to school of course.

EMBARKTION Pt 2!

We had the muster drillat 4:00. When we looked straight out, you could see Freedom of the Seas (at the time, I had no idea when ship it was). There was a Carnival ship (Sensation?) in port too.

We were the last ship to leave port. We were delayed a little for some reason or other.

We ate dinner at the early sitting (5:45). Each night you were in a different restaurant- except for 2 nights.) You had the same waiter, assistant waiter and Head waiter. They followed you to wherever restaurant you were at that night.

Waiter: Ivan from Croatia

8527041326_c11a3f37f8.jpg

Assistant waiter: Jorge from Peru

8525935949_90f2d4bac5.jpg

Head Waiter: Mario from Slovakia

8525934541_c2180f30c0.jpg

All 3 were AMAZING! They did a great job! :)

I forget what we did after dinner. We went to bed around 11pm.

This concludes Embarktion day.

UP NEXT: Nassau

Nassau, Bahamas

Our first port of call was Nassau, Bahamas. We decided to check out Atlantis. We just did a walk through of the water animals and a bit outside. We didn't do the water park that was there, so I can't comment on that.

ATLANTIS:

I have a lot of pics from Atlantis, so I will only post the best ones.

8526091994_dbd610a4c1.jpg

At one point, if you looked up, this is what you saw:

8524986975_507ee33097.jpg

8525024827_af30d9161e.jpg

Jelly Fish #1

8526149728_1f8e68cca2.jpg

Jelly Fish #2

8525034233_e5d86093d3.jpg

Pics from Day at Sea

Wednesday August 24th.

Today was our only Sea day, plus the last day of the cruise. It wsa also my mom and dads 14th anniversary.

I have pictures that I took fro around the ship. I don't remember what we did on this day, as it was so long ago.

A Golden Mickey

8528769399_957656e8a6.jpg

Stairway Art:

Walt Disney

8528770125_870a184590.jpg

The Incredibles:

8529882904_1c9895fc4e.jpg

Finding Nemo

8529883630_4a2be29d03.jpg

Cars

8529884428_4ea567b791.jpg

Thus concludes the Day at Sea

Up Next: Disembarktion :(

Disembarktion. :(

Our luggage had to be outside that door at about 10pm the nigth before disembarktion. (I could be wrong on the time. I know it is close.)

The last nigth, we hit rough seas. A hurricane was on its way to Florida. (I foget what hurricane). The ship was really rocking, but it wasn't worrysome.

We were up the next morning at 6:30. We were up and dressed and ready to go to breakfast by 7. We at our last breakfast in the main dining room. We said goodbye to our waiter, head waiter, and assistant waiter.

We were off the ship by 8:30 and we were out of Port Canaveral by 9. Finding our luggage was easy, as was going through customs. We were back on the road in less than 2 hours of getting up.

It was a great vacation. It really helped me decide what career I wanted to go into. That career is travel and tourism. I really want to be a photographer on cruise ships. :)

The Disney Dream, as we were heading back to the car:

8494167918_67297d1811.jpg

That is all for this review. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will answer as best as I can.

Hope you enjoyed this review and that it helped!

Thanks for reading! :cool:

Archived