Port Arrival Times - Eastern Carribean (April)

boleynkid

To all the experienced cruisers out there, how often would you say that a ship arrives in port later than its scheduled time please ? I am sure that all sorts of things can happen but perhaps I can get a fair idea from the responses of how often things run on time.

We have booked some excursions and a couple are a bit time critical so it would be nice to know. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I've only been on one cruise so far, but we were actually early to each port. But from my research with excursion, it seems like most companies are flexible and change their times depending on when the ships arrive.

[quote name='jlacy1987']I've only been on one cruise so far, but we were actually early to each port. But from my research with excursion, it seems like most companies are flexible and change their times depending on when the ships arrive.[/quote]

Thanks jlacy, arriving a bit early would definitely be good.

[quote name='boleynkid']Thanks jlacy, arriving a bit early would definitely be good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if I recall correctly, we were always scheduled to arrive at 8am and I remember waking up at 6:30ish and we would already be in the process of porting.

[quote name='jlacy1987']Yes, if I recall correctly, we were always scheduled to arrive at 8am and I remember waking up at 6:30ish and we would already be in the process of porting.[/quote]

6.30 would be great jlacy and I would imagine that would mean a very comfortable disembarkation.

We have always arrived when we were supposed to. The problem isn't having to do with the arrival time but instead when the ship will actually be cleared by the local officials and disembarkation begins.

Archived