Stormy Cruising

fakeanne

Of coarse you will. And you probably will have some intermitent sunshine no matter what the forcast is. Just remember to take some seasickness meds, even if you normally don't need them. There is a tropical storm out there and it could possibly affect your sailing, better to be safe then sick. :)

Hope you find the old weather man is wrong, as he usually can be, part of the time.

I for one enjoy rough weather and stormy seas. Pure joy to watch the ocean, although I know it can be very hard on those with sensitive tummies.

We've had some great cruises on the stormy trans-Atlantics, and trying to outrun the back end of a typhoon in the China Sea.

I for one enjoy rough weather and stormy seas. Pure joy to watch the ocean, although I know it can be very hard on those with sensitive tummies.

We've had some great cruises on the stormy trans-Atlantics, and trying to outrun the back end of a typhoon in the China Sea.

:eek: Druke - please come back with that story re: storm in China Sea and the water over the bridge. Also what does "screws out of the water" mean. By any chance are you a Navy guy?? I think a lot of folks would find the story interesting. gg

No wonder the cruise lines have special low rates for summer months (hurricane season) because they usually have to revise the ports due to storms. Whatever happened to any port in a storm.

If they know ahead about weather problems they should give you an ammended itinerary early in the cruise or before you leave.

You might have rough seas and it's possible that the Captain will change the itinerary or miss ports. I'm like Michael -- I love the up and down and sideways rock'n and roll'n of a ship. To me, the ship is the destination.

We leave tommorrow out of Ft. Lauderdale on the CP. All the ports of call are forecasting Thunderstorms for the entire week. What's it like cruising during a storm? Will we still have fun?

I cruised last year on the Zuiderdam during a pair of hurricanes. It was one of the smoothest cruises I've taken. Believe me, the captain will keep you far away from bad weather ... and even skip and substitute ports if necessary.

Blue skies ... and enjoy your cruise!

--rita

Archived