Anyone been on the STAR recently?

roomiec

I've read a number of posts from folks who have sailed..or will be sailing...on the SURF and the SPIRIT, but have seen very little from those who were recently on the STAR.

We're anxious to find out about the refurbishment as well as the dining experience and any changes to the public areas.

We'll be on a B2B 6/22-7/6

We did the Panama canal cruise. I don't know what the windstar looked like before since our previous cruises were on Windspirit. Everything looked fine, the only slight disappointment was the quality of the entertainment. A nice lady but a third rate pianist-singer.

Hi , We sailed on the Star last July---Athens to Rome--soon after her refurbishment.It was our first time on the ship having previously only been on the Surf so it was difficult to compare with the previous decor etc.

Being new,it was of course,beautifully clean and the bed linens were upgraded.

We found the food,as with the Surf,to be very good but not outstanding but all meals were enjoyable with adequate choice.

There was the weekly on deck barbecue when we were anchored off Sorrento.That was a great evening.

The alternative restaurant Candles,which is set up by the pool,can seat 28 people.I had sea bream that night and my husband grilled filet mignon which he declared to be very good.

One thing I noticed was that the afternoon tea selection was not nearly as interesting as on the Surf.Not that you really need to eat much at that time of day but it would have been nice to have had a more interesting choice of sandwiches and pastries.

I very much enjoyed being able to swim often from the back of the ship.

Overall, we much preferred our experience on this ship to that on the Surf although we enjoyed our sailings on her.

The sails on the ship are new as are some of the cabin furnishings-bedding, etc. The lounge and dining room have been redone as well as the pool bar and the pool deck furniture seems to be newer. There is a new sculpture in the reception area. The spa area is now just outside the lounge and there are two treatment rooms and a small reception area.

We actually quite enjoyed the singer/pianist. She played jazz and standards quite well and her voice was pleasant. Several evenings she led music trivia and name that tune which was fun.

Archived