Old Fashioned Cocktail

SPKEMO

Hello, just wondering if Carnival has the means to make an Old Fashioned in their bars? If so, has anyone ever ordered it and how does it taste?

I have never really noticed if they had (or looked for) bitters in any of the bars we have been to.To be honest I have never seen a muddler on a ship either

Hello, just wondering if Carnival has the means to make an Old Fashioned in their bars? If so, has anyone ever ordered it and how does it taste?

Yes. At least in the ships with the Alchemy Bar. They made a great Old Fashioned with Makers Mark. I had many throughout our cruise.

I have never tried one but made a million of them ,i have never heard of using simple syrup instead of sugar.I guess maybe its a shortcut

yea you can do 1/4 oz of simple syrup for every 1 oz of rye.

yea you can do 1/4 oz of simple syrup for every 1 oz of rye.

As easy as it is to make we never had simple syrup.What I have always done was one slice of orange ,one cherry ,half of a packet of sugar,two dashes of bitters and a splash of club soda.Muddle good ,fill with ice and add your rye.

Im not a whiskey/whisky fan but I think I may try one

As easy as it is to make we never had simple syrup.What I have always done was one slice of orange ,one cherry ,half of a packet of sugar,two dashes of bitters and a splash of club soda.Muddle good ,fill with ice and add your rye.

Im not a whiskey/whisky fan but I think I may try one

yea I do 2 oz of rye, 1/2 oz of simple syrup, 3-4 dashes of bitters, splash of club soda. I don't muddle fruit typically (not a fan of how fruity it gets). I add a homemade maraschino cherry to a glass that has been rubbed with orange peel after.

Homemade maraschino cherries:

1 mason jar

fill mason jar with frozen or fresh black cherries

fill to top with Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur

Put them in your fridge and give them a shake everyday for the next 2 weeks. After 2 weeks they are perfect!! Best you will ever have.

yea I do 2 oz of rye, 1/2 oz of simple syrup, 3-4 dashes of bitters, splash of club soda. I don't muddle fruit typically (not a fan of how fruity it gets). I add a homemade maraschino cherry to a glass that has been rubbed with orange peel after.

1 mason jar

Put them in your fridge and give them a shake everyday for the next 2 weeks. After 2 weeks they are perfect!! Best you will ever have.

I may try your recipe,it sounds like my homemade grand Marnier recipe except I have to shake it for months

You can't do that to us! Come on... please share details! :D

Here is mine:

Grand Marnier recipe

- The zest of 8 oranges

- 1 cup granulated white sugar

- 4 cups brandy (Using a better quality brandy or cognac will result in a much smoother sipping finished product.)

Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the sugar over the zest in a mid-sized bowl and muddle together.

Continue to muddle adding sugar 1/4 cup at a time until the sugar and orange zest are almost paste like.

Transfer to a mason jar

Pour the brandy over the mixture and stir well

Cap tightly and age 1-3 months, shaking weekly, in a cool, dark place.

After at least 4 weeks (the longer you let this age, the better it will be!) shake the jar well and pour the mixture through a fine mesh stainless-steel strainer into a bowl or large measuring cup with a spout. Rinse the strainer and the jar that you used to age the liqueur. Line the strainer with cheesecloth or a clean tea towel and pour the liqueur back into the aging jar. Cap tightly again and continue aging for an additional 1-3 months.

Here is mine:

Grand Marnier recipe

- The zest of 8 oranges

- 4 cups brandy (Using a better quality brandy or cognac will result in a much smoother sipping finished product.)

Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the sugar over the zest in a mid-sized bowl and muddle together.

Continue to muddle adding sugar 1/4 cup at a time until the sugar and orange zest are almost paste like.

Transfer to a mason jar

After at least 4 weeks (the longer you let this age, the better it will be!) shake the jar well and pour the mixture through a fine mesh stainless-steel strainer into a bowl or large measuring cup with a spout. Rinse the strainer and the jar that you used to age the liqueur. Line the strainer with cheesecloth or a clean tea towel and pour the liqueur back into the aging jar. Cap tightly again and continue aging for an additional 1-3 months.

Yup this is my recipe as well .Better than the real thing and a whole lot cheaper

1 mason jar

This is really interesting.

I want to try this seriously.

Here is mine:

Grand Marnier recipe

- The zest of 8 oranges

Transfer to a mason jar

Ta! I have my project for this weekend! :D

On our 2/3 cruise on the Valor I was a little surprised that when I asked for a Mojito I was told on about 5 occasions that they were all out of mint leaves on board. The first time was the 2nd day of the cruise. Of course I found something else (or two or three) that I liked but my fav. is the Mojito.

Archived