Cancelled excursions how do i know my credit card is refunded

vinman13

I had to cancel one of my passengers excursions today. I saw the amount go down in my cruise billing statement, but will I get an email stating that my Credit card is going to get refunded? I was charged on my credit card when I made the reservations a few months ago.

I cancelled an excursion today and immediately received an email from carnival stating a refund has been processed. For credit cards please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to your account. However on carnivals website when i cancelled it said to allow 5-7 business days for a credit to be issued from carnival and to check with your credit card as to how long it takes to post to your account.

I used the carnival master card in November to purchase airline tickets. The flight was cancelled by the airline and a credit was issued by them on January 30. I still have not recieved a credit on my card. I spoke to carnival m/c agents on 3 occasions who insisted that a refund had not yet been issued even when I tried to give them confirmation numbers from airline. Have spoken to them 3 more times. They have confirmed that a credit has been issued but they do not know when it will be actually refunded. Yes i have spoken to their manager who confirmed this. I have never had any other issues with this card. We use it to pay all expenses and then pay it off every month. We have gone on one free cruise using our points and have almost enough to pay for Alaska.

At least with Carnival Mastercard they cant or wont tell you when a credit will be posted even when they acknowledge a credit has been issued by the company that was purchased from. I hope you have a more timely refund to your account. I just dont know why you did not get an imediant email from carnival stating that a refund has been issued. You might want to double check with them. My sister also cancelled the same excursion and also was emailed within minutes.

Archived