Question on first 2 days in Port

Phoenix cruiser

I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere. We are on the July 6 Stockholm to Dover cruise. Since we board by 4 pm on July 6 but don't sail until 4 pm on July 7, is it common to check-in to your cabin and then disembark again to spend additional time in the city? Because the sailing isn't until the next day, do people frequently show up past 4:00 for check-in, knowing they won't be left standing at the dock? There doesn't seem to be an urgency to rush onboard, as we are not concerned about special restaurant reservations or shore excursions. Feedback?

Sure, once you have checked in and settled into your cabin, go ashore and do whatever. Just be timely the next day so you don't stand on the dock and wave goodbye to your ship.

We plan on doing exactly that (being timely, not waving) on Regatta's Aug 31 departure.

Where does it say you have to be on board by 4pm ?

Our trip starts in Venice and has an overnight there and departs the next day. We plan to arrive around 5 pm on the first day and cannot see why we should have a problem getting on board

Any answers ?

Brian

I believe OP means that boarding commences at 4pm the first day, and that the ships departs 4pm the next day.

That is the way I have interpreted the brochure for our cruise, starting 8-31-05.

I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere. We are on the July 6 Stockholm to Dover cruise. Since we board by 4 pm on July 6 but don't sail until 4 pm on July 7, is it common to check-in to your cabin and then disembark again to spend additional time in the city? Because the sailing isn't until the next day, do people frequently show up past 4:00 for check-in, knowing they won't be left standing at the dock? There doesn't seem to be an urgency to rush onboard, as we are not concerned about special restaurant reservations or shore excursions. Feedback?

Check in your bags and off you go.. have fun!

Archived