Counting Down the Days

32 Days or more like 31 until I'm on the Navigator to Rome. First of all I would like to thank everyone here at Cruise Critic for your love, support and help to make my cruise extra special. I dedicate my love of cruising to each and every member here and want you to know how thankful I am to read all of your reviews.

I wanted to see if I'm on the right track and you can add things to my list just to be sure I'm doing everything right.

Tonight I created a Ship "To Do" List with clothes to pack for Formal Night. I figured on 3-5 nice shirts and pants to account for dining at Portifino's and Chops.

I wrote notes on to check dining room assignment upon boarding, make specialty dining reservations onboard ASAP for sea days.

To have a carry-on backpack with Passports, Sea Pass Boarding Pass(which is completed), Sunglasses, Water Bottle, Travel Coffee Mug, Hat, Change of clothes and light jacket. Anything else to add?

To contact credit card companies to alert them of trip.

So far I have a folder with all of our travel documents from airline reservations, hotel reservations, cruise documents etc.

I wrote down in the list about various places to go to on ship such as Two Poets, Champagne Bar, Schooner Bar, Cafe Promenade on Boarding Day if Windjammer is too crowded(I figure I could always swing by WJ after the lines die down for something to hold us over until 5:30 PM).

Confirmed to have beds separated , egg crates on mattresses and noted sensitivity to perfume with special needs department.

Confirmed OBC(Onboard Credit) and redeemed the 10,000 promo points for $100 OBC from RCCL Visa.

I confirmed taxi prices from New Orleans Airport-Hotel as well as taxi from Hotel-Ship. Booked NOLA restaurant for one night and got local recommendations for second night. Picked up AAA Guidebook and Map of NOLA.

Bought and am reading Rick Steve's Rome for one week in Rome.

Confirmed and made requests to hotel in NOLA and Rome.

Booked Airport Shuttle from Rome Hotel- Airport.

Confirmed how to make reservations for museums and where to buy Roma Pass.

Found out information and printed directions on how to take the train and cost from Rome Port-Rome San Pietro Station as well as cost.

Found out cost of Jazzy Pass($3) per day in New Orleans for public transportation. As well as Roma Transportation Pass.

Looked up info on how to visit Ostia Antica(A second best bet to Pompei due to time constraints)

Printed out Google Maps of Ponto Degaldo, Toulon and Livorno(will do our own tours of each city).

Any other tips would be most appreciative. Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Looks great. A few things that came to mind...

Make sure the folder of all confirmations is in your carry-on.

If you have any necessary prescriptions, make sure you have them filled before you leave.

What about a camera? I don't ever take pictures myself, but I know I'm in the minority.

Also, a travel-sized Italian phrase book, maybe?

Archived