Booked Jewel of the Seas October 2

Hi all! This will be our first RCI and first ten day cruise. My husband and I will be travelling from Virginia, and have booked a balcony. I booked directly with RCI, as they seem to have a better price guarantee than agents. Is that accurate? I am so excited, even booked our airfare as airtran's Sale was ending last night at 11:59. Who else is going? I didn't see it on meet n mingle. The Jewel looks like a gorgeous ship. We have sailed HAL and Celebrity both several times. This is probably our last Caribbean cruise, so I like both the Eastern and Bermuda. We really wanted to try the Med this fall, but with two kids in college this year we felt it wasn't the time. Hope to hear from fellow Jewel cruisers, and have fantastic, memorable vacations....

Hi!

We are also sailing on the October 2, cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise, but the first with RCL.

We do have a thread on the Meet & Mingle board, but sometimes it gets buried a few pages back!:)

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=157447

We are really excited about this cruise as well! Our first cruise was last year to Bermuda and we just loved it. I don't think I would want to vacation any other way!

Have a great day!

Take Care

Beth

Thanks for the link. I wonder where all of the passengers are. Congratulations on your wedding. How nice that you'll be honeymooning. I hope we will be in that frame of mind also, even though we are going on 24 years. I am in my forties also. I am a little nervous about leaving my 13 year old with his uncle for 11 days [Think Uncle Buck here, ever see that movie?], but am excited about a ten day cruise. We have only done 7 days in the past. I am counting the weeks. Good luck, and I wish you a long and happy marriage.

Archived