Harrison Caves Reservation?

grandma13

A travel book I have says it is necessary to make an advance reservation to tour Harrison Caves because there are so many people. I don't see that anyone has mentioned a reservation in postings about the caves. We hope to take a bus to the caves, and if we have to make a reservation, it might be difficult to figure out the timing. Does anyone have experience going without a reservation (in April).

Thanks,

Nancy

Going to Harrison's Cave without reservations may turn out to be a disappointment. It depends on how many passengers book on the day. Preference is given to those who book directly thru the ship and are taken there by the big tour buses. When these tour buses arrive, the driver goes directly to the attendants at the ticket booth and are processed almost immediately. Everyone in the queue has to wait and off to the trams that group goes. If the trams are full you have to wait for the next tour which is an hour after.

The idea however is to arrive there at least 30 mins ahead of the tour and be processed before the arrival of the tour buses:D

Going to Harrison's Cave without reservations may turn out to be a disappointment. It depends on how many passengers book on the day. Preference is given to those who book directly thru the ship and are taken there by the big tour buses. When these tour buses arrive, the driver goes directly to the attendants at the ticket booth and are processed almost immediately. Everyone in the queue has to wait and off to the trams that group goes. If the trams are full you have to wait for the next tour which is an hour after.

The idea however is to arrive there at least 30 mins ahead of the tour and be processed before the arrival of the tour buses:D

I am also interested is this. We are going in July and the ship tour is 9-12. I was thinking of hiring a taxi to do a tour and then arrive after the ship tours go through. Do you think this would work. What other things are in the area to go to first.

I am also interested is this. We are going in July and the ship tour is 9-12. I was thinking of hiring a taxi to do a tour and then arrive after the ship tours go through. Do you think this would work. What other things are in the area to go to first.

The last scheduled tour at Harrison's Cave is 3.45 pm. What I suggest to visitors is simply do what is absolutely a 'must' for you FIRST.

Harrison's Cave is $31.00 USD per person. Kids are half price.

The last scheduled tour at Harrison's Cave is 3.45 pm. What I suggest to visitors is simply do what is absolutely a 'must' for you FIRST.

Harrison's Cave is $31.00 USD per person. Kids are half price.

You seem to know what you are talking about. How likely is it that we can beat the ship tours by taking a public bus? Where would we catch the bus? How long will the bus ride take?

We are WAY too cheap to pay for a taxi that far, but maybe we can find someone to share one if we have to. I certainly don't want to take the bus that far and then find we can't get in!

Nancy

You seem to know what you are talking about. How likely is it that we can beat the ship tours by taking a public bus? Where would we catch the bus? How long will the bus ride take?

We are WAY too cheap to pay for a taxi that far, but maybe we can find someone to share one if we have to. I certainly don't want to take the bus that far and then find we can't get in!

Nancy

If you want to go by bus then the Bus Terminal is about 3-5 mins walk from the Cruise Terminal. State-owned buses are blue and Privately-owned buses are yellow. You buy tokens to pay the bus fare which is only 1 US dollar per person. Make sure you take the 9 am bus going to STURGES and you should arrive there latest time at 10 am. This bus goes directly to the Cave but before leaving the bus terminal you can simply let the driver know you are going there and you would like to get off the bus when he gets there. Any local on the bus will also gladly assist you if you ask. Tour lasts 45-60 mins and then you wait for the bus back to the terminal. If a yellow bus comes you can board it because both terminals are in the same area in the City.

If you are going by taxi then a cab with 4 persons costs $90 USD round trip. It is best to share the taxi because if you go alone you still pay the same fare. The driver will take you there,wait until the tour is over and bring you back to the ship. You may also request to be taken to a beach or go shopping.

Hope this was helpful;)

Archived