Carnival is missing a cruise from my VIFP Profile

ShanteS

When I logged onto Carnival's website I took a look my VIFP profile and it's missing my Holiday cruise. I sent in the VIFP Adjustment Request form to add the missing cruise information and they responded saying I needed to provide something from a long list of things to show proof. I'd hoped they could've simply looked it up on their system. I should still have my original S&S card(s) and the embarkation photo. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Also, after this cruise or actually during the cruise I'll move into the Gold level. Do I get to enjoy the benefits (Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP Party and pin) during this cruise or on my next one? Thanks for any help!

When I logged onto Carnival's website I took a look my VIFP profile and it's missing my Holiday cruise. I sent in the VIFP Adjustment Request form to add the missing cruise information and they responded saying I needed to provide something from a long list of things to show proof. I'd hoped they could've simply looked it up on their system. I should still have my original S&S card(s) and the embarkation photo. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Also, after this cruise or actually during the cruise I'll move into the Gold level. Do I get to enjoy the benefits (Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP Party and pin) during this cruise or on my next one? Thanks for any help!

Yes, I have cruised Carnival twice, and they ony have me down as one time. We are planning a cruise on the Dream this summer so hopefully by then I'll find a way to get the number changed

I would think the numbers on the S&S card would be sufficient for them to research and confirm your sailing.

If you turn Gold during the next cruise, you should receive Gold benefits upon embarkation.

I was missing my Sensation cruise from 1996 and just called them. Told them it was under my MAIDEN name. They found it, and added it. Easy Peasy. Good Luck!!!! Just keep calling! You will get someone to help you!!!

I was missing one and called them. The reason it was missing is that the way my name was typed into the system was "wrong" (My name had an extra space somewhere...go figure). The lady at Carnival had to search the system, but once I gave her my cruise date, she found me (and the mistake) and made the correction.

I had limited details on my cruise from 2000. I emailed them providing the approximate sail date, what floor I stayed on, ship name and itinerary. I received no response from my first email. I emailed a second time and they credited the cruise within two days of my second email.

I cruised twice and they didnt have either of them in my profile but I'm not bothering with it. For my upcoming cruise in May, they have me at RED on my booking summary which is correct. As long as they have it correct in their system, I'm ok with it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Luckily I've managed to hold on to all of my S&S cards so I'm scanning it today. As a loyal customer/cruiser, if I've sailed Carnival in the past I want them to have it right in their system. At this point they only have my Miracle and Destiny cruises listed and with this years cruise that would make me Red VIFP but I should be Gold and I want those extra "perks"/benefits that come with it. Hopefully this will be straightened out before the cruise.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd post on this thread rather than start a new one:

My husband and I have only sailed one time with Carnival, 4-6-13. A 5-day on the Fantasy. I booked the cruise on Carnival's website under my name, with my credit card; DH was guest 2. A week or so after the cruise Carnival sent a survey to my DH to my email address. He (we) filled the out the survey and emailed it back. He then received a VIFP number. I thought I'd get one too, but I didn't. It kind of ticks me off that I created an account with CCL, booked, paid, and now I see that I have "0" days sailed. And I am evidently not a VIFP, either. I sent a missing cruise claim email from their website a week ago but haven't heard back. Any ideas why they glommed onto guest 2?

TIA

Lisa

Thought I'd post on this thread rather than start a new one:

My husband and I have only sailed one time with Carnival, 4-6-13. A 5-day on the Fantasy. I booked the cruise on Carnival's website under my name, with my credit card; DH was guest 2. A week or so after the cruise Carnival sent a survey to my DH to my email address. He (we) filled the out the survey and emailed it back. He then received a VIFP number. I thought I'd get one too, but I didn't. It kind of ticks me off that I created an account with CCL, booked, paid, and now I see that I have "0" days sailed. And I am evidently not a VIFP, either. I sent a missing cruise claim email from their website a week ago but haven't heard back. Any ideas why they glommed onto guest 2?

TIA

EVERYONE is a VIFP. Call them;) They'll take care of you. Once you cruise once, you automatically are a VIFP. You just need your account number. Keep us posted, and good luck!!!!

Thank you for your response. :)

I tried calling over the weekend and got a message to try again. I was wondering if there was something else I could do online, but I will give Carnival a call this week. I just thought it was weird.

All I had to do was go to Manage my Cruise, click VIFP and then enter in the information from my cruises; Ship, date, and name. In about 48 hours they had all information corrected on my VIFP #.

My husband had to create his own Carnival.com account in order to have his VIFP number corrected.

I was also missing my cruise on The Holiday.....

All I had to do was go to Manage my Cruise, click VIFP and then enter in the information from my cruises; Ship, date, and name. In about 48 hours they had all information corrected on my VIFP #.

My husband had to create his own Carnival.com account in order to have his VIFP number corrected.

I was also missing my cruise on The Holiday.....

I did enter my sailing info, but it came up as an error. I thought maybe it was because they've associated the sailing with my DH and his ill gotten VIFP number, rather than associate the sailing with my name/CCL account.

Carnival has missed a Holiday cruise of mine also. Unfortunately, I don't have any records or pictures. So I guess I'm SOL on that one. hmmmm- maybe it's under my divorced wifes' first name............worth checking!!

I wonder why this is. Is it possible they wiped out all records concerning the Holiday including sailings after she was sold?

Archived