AMA waterways

lois1112

If you've never taken a river cruise, you'll love any of them. But after talking an AMA, you'll see the difference. Best all around in service, food, accommodations, tour guides and flexibility. More pricey than most, but worth it. We did the Budapest to Prague with both pre and post last year. We rate it as one of our top 3 out of 60 plus cruises.

Nice endorsement! Any tips for a newbie?

• 2 weeks later...

So, after giving it some thought, I've decided to get off the AMAdagio in Arles on July 17, 2014 and travel back to Avignon to spend a few days tasting wine. I definitely want to look up Olivier Hickman for at least one tour. Then back to Marseille for the flight back home to San Diego. I was thinking of using the train, but any thoughts on how best to travel, where to stay and eat would be most welcome?

[

I would do the train. The Arles train station is right at the dock. One of our ships stewards even walked our bags over there for us. Regular service to Avignon downtown station. Marseilles is on the TGV so you would need to get out to the Avignon TGV station via the shuttle bus from the downtown station. A couple of Euros each.

quote=mpbmark;38449319]So, after giving it some thought, I've decided to get off the AMAdagio in Arles on July 17, 2014 and travel back to Avignon to spend a few days tasting wine. I definitely want to look up Olivier Hickman for at least one tour. Then back to Marseille for the flight back home to San Diego. I was thinking of using the train, but any thoughts on how best to travel, where to stay and eat would be most welcome?

I have been on 2 river cruises going on my 3rd in March 2014. On our Egypt river cruise with Uniworld there was a single woman traveling alone. All the couples watched over her as did the tour guide to make sure she was not left out. She told us on the last day that she really enjoyed her time with us making new friends. I would not hesitate to go single on a river cruise (except for the added cost) The groups are small, inviting and willing to mingle.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived