The Winifred was GREAT!

jeffyd

Just got back from a cruise where we stopped in St. Thomas. We took a dail say with the Winifred and it was even better than all the posts here have mentioned. It was definitely the highlight of our cruise. There was 5 in our family, so we had the boat all to ourselves. Her first mate Tommy is very helpful during snorkeling to point out all the underwater life. We saw turtles, eels, sting rays and even an octopus. It was so cool. After doing some snorkeling (and the snorkeling equipment was more than adequate), we swam up to a private beach that we had all to ourselves on St. John. It was so beautiful. The pictures and video we took coudn't do it justice. We've decided that's where we eventually want to live (if we ever hit the lottery!). The food that was served for lunch was great (chicken and rice, salad, cookies, fresh fruit, etc.) She also had fruit and coffee cake in the morning and unlimited drinks all day. The weather was perfect with no clouds and just enough breeze to catch the sails. It was so cool to dangle your feet in the water while the boat cruised across the bay to St. John. I wish we were back there right now! If you're looking for a memorable experience on your cruise and you want to get away from the crowds on St. Thomas, this is the excursion for you!

we can;t wait till december!!

beliee it or not our cruise with capt sharon is all booked up. my family filled it up. from all the posts i did not want to wait. thanks...richtersale. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

I have the Winifred reserved for July 22, the day before my birthday!

How many hours are you on board the Winifred. Do you go to several snorkeling areas? Do you remember the name of the beach you stopped at?

Was it easy to get to the Winifred from where the ships docks?

thanks for your answers

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MY VERY FIRST CRUISE EVER!!

On The Legend! E. Carribean

I cant Wait!

Marge

Starz723

make sure that you e-mail capt sharon about your birthday. she has e-mailed me directly and told me that caneel bay area is where you will snorkel. you sail for about 1-1/2 hrs all around. her first mate is the snorkeling leader. she says he has lots of energy. lunch is served on the yacht. you get a cab right at cruise pier and red hook. she makes sure. i also saw on the boards that there is an icecream shop at red hook that is not to be missed. check on the port of call area in st thomas and look up winifred. happy birthday and good luck. come back with pictures please as i will be going in dec.

thanks...richterscale

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

Till we cruise Jewel in December 2004 YAY!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;12;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 3 weeks later...

Man, am I excited about this excursion! I have fired-off an e-mail to Winifred. We are on the Adventure of the Seas in Sept. 2004. I can't wait to do this excursion! This is our second trip to the Southern Caribbean. I am sorry we didn't do the Winifred last year. That is the cool part of a repeat cruise, you can pick-up the parts you missed-out on the previous time.

Check out my AOS and Caribe Hilton photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/rascalious

NCL Norway 7/2001 E. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 7/2002 W. Caribbean

RCCI AOS Southern Caribbean 9/2003

RCCI AOS Southern Caribbean 9/19/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until Adventure of the Seas - (Aruba/Curacao)

• 1 month later...

I am booked for August 21st with my wife and friends, we cannot wait!! Capt. Sharon sounded extremely nice on the phone. I will let you know about my experience on the Winifred.

Pandabebe:

I am working on booking the Winifred for March 2005 and the emails I have received from them state the rate as $720.00 for the sail (or 600.00 if you pay cash). I'm not sure what the per person quote would be as I needed the boat for 8 of us, which meant we'd have to do a tandem sail with another boat (friends of Capt. Sharon's). I am waiting to hear if they quote me 600.00 for the second boat for only 2 people on it! We are very excited about doing this excursion and I'll be booking soon if we decide on this one. I've also gotten info from http://www.sailhighpockets.com which is very similar and gotten great reviews as well. Good luck.

H2O babe

I am booked on the Winifred in November, Captain Sharon quoted me $110.00 per person cash or $120.00 per person credit card. I'm really looking forward to this day sail!

Rose :cool:

I did get a message back from Captain Sharon stating we'd have to pay $600.00 for EACH of the 2 boats. I don't think we'll be able to do this excursion as that seems a bit much. We had hoped to get the per person rate. However, there are several other great day sails out there and I'm sure we'll get one that is a bit more afforable for the 8 of us. Hope you have a super excursion!

H2O babe

Thanks for the tip---I've been checking with sailinghighpockets.com , sailjester.com, the alaunt people and the daysailfantasy people. Am waiting to hear from them. Will send an email off to the interline people per your suggestion! Thanks again.

H2O babe

Thanks for the information everyone. Will have to consult w/ the rest of my party but have a feeling they will all agree that the price is a little over our budget. Perhaps next time...I will do a better job of saving. Have fun for everyone else who will be doing this wondering excursion - so jelaous!!!!

Archived