Yet another guarantee question.....

l929

Ok-please dont flame me.... I know with guarantees there is always a risk but...

My mother and I are in guarantee suites, 2. Intially we wanted to be next to each other but now she added a "friend" to her room that DH and I do not want to be any where near. (We almost cancelled and still might if this isnt resolved) I know from the sign and sail and the gift methods that we are next to each other, but there is one more jr suite available, (cruise leaves Thurs) on the other side. We booked through an online travel agency. Do they know what room we are in and do they have any control so that we can make sure we get the other room or do we have to upgrade and pay to get that room assigned to us and give up any chance of getting an upgrade to a cat 12? (When my mother added her friend she considered upgrading us to cat 12, but it was way expensive and the ta said carnival said our chances of getting the upgrade were great)

Again, I know a guarantee means a risk and we didnt care when we booked, now we do but if we can do something about it without having to pay even more money I would at least like to try.

Thanks.

I would guess that even if you were to move to the 3rd cabin, your mom+guest would get pulled along with you. If nobody else in in a GTY it might work, but more likely somebody else with a GTY would get swapped with you mom and they'd wind up nearby anyway.

At the very least, you should detach the reservations. That might get you into a different cabin and also might get you different tables at dinner (which to me would be a much bigger deal than just having the cabin next door). Of course, at this point tables assignments may already be done....

I don't think most people really consider this particular risk when booking a GTY. :p Not really a GTY problem anyway as you'd have more or less the same problem (except with a greater certainty) even if you had selected cabins. You might be able to move easier, but that is about it.

Good Luck!

Booking a guarantee you cant request a cabin. calling the agent and saying that you no longer want to be in a guarantee status and would like a cabin could work. It wont hurt to call and ask. What is the price difference between the guarantee and a select cabin?

You are aware that since your cabins are linked together you will be dining together.

Nope, not dining together, as soon as she booked him we un cross referenced the reservations and now she is in late seating and we are early so that's not an issue. It will cost about $120 to get the other room, which doesnt sound like that much but this is only a 2 night cruise. I'm going to call tommorrow and see what they say. Thanks.

Called TA and they could not change my room on a guarantee (big surprise) and they basically said we had the upgrades to cat 12, but I knew the last 2 rooms were next to each other so we actually paid $120 to guarantee NOT getting upgraded. Ok, now you have heard everything!

Archived