Hollywood, Florida Questions

Jozy92

Our family (8 adults, 7 children) are extending our vacation after our cruise on January 4, 2014 on Oasis.

We are thinking of staying on Hollywood Beach at the Marriott Hollywood Beach resort. If anyone has stayed there I would appreciate your review.

Also, is there a local company that does Scuba Diving trip near there? As well as Deep Sea Fishing trips? Thanks for your help.:D

Love the Marriott. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but the rooms are lovely inside. It is right on the beach and broadwalk, has a nice pool area and a small spa. You can pick up deep sea fishing about 1 mile north of there in a small marina. There is a a group boat that goes out daily The Sea Legs and a few private charters you can pick up there. Hopefully, this link will help

http://www.vipfishingcharters.com/cities/dania-beach-fishing-charters-a-boats.html

I don't know if you need a license to fish from the beach, but I see that at dusk and dawn daily. About a mile and half (2-3K) north is the Dania Beach pier that you can fish off of too.

This is the closest dive shop to Hollywood Beach

http://www.coastalmarinediving.com/

You can do beach dives if you have the equipment. Again, off the Dania Beach pier there is an area called The Jacks. It is a left-over site from WWII. They placed huge anti-submarine barriers out there that look like giant jacks that children play with (or used to play with). Anyhow it is about 1/2mile out and 20 feet down.

There is also a park, Westlake, that is not very far away where you can rent kayaks and canoes.

I hope you enjoy Hollywood Beach as much as I do. Got to go run now and watch the ships leave and the sun set.;)

Like said the hotel is very nice. Not impressive from the outside, but location is great.

There are lots of places to rent bikes which is fun especially on the cooler days. You can take the trolley downtown for more restaurants too.

That being said, early Jan., the temps can be quite chilly. :eek: Nights will especially be cool on the broadwalk/beach. Be prepared.

There are no chain restaurants on the Broadwalk. However, there are a ton of mom and pop type of places where you can get burgers, gyros, and pizza and pitchers. If you have a car, our favorite local place is a hole in the wall called Antonio's on Dania Beach Blvd. It is kind of small, so if the whole crew is going, you might want to call in advance. (It is too far for most folks to walk). On the Dania Beach pier there is a Flanigan's which is a local seafood chain. If you want to take the trolley to downtown Hollywood there is a ton of places to eat on Hollywood Blvd. and Harrison St. which is one block south. People will tell you to try Le Tub which I find dirty and over-priced. Capone's is a pizza place that has been there forever and is much nicer. The local place I like a lot is a dive called Jimbos on the inter-coastal.

If you have a car, take the kids to Jaxsons for ice cream. It is an old fashioned ice cream place and we love it. You can get a light lunch and a great dessert there.

Here is another link that might work to give you some ideas.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/

Antonio's has excellent Italian food and there pizza is also great too. It's located on Dania Beach Blvd in Dania Beach, approximately a half mile east of Federal Highway (US 1). The restaurant is always packed with locals and the owners are very nice. Never had a bad meal there. If you are staying in the Hollywood Beach area it's definitely worth the trip.

Archived