Question On Scedule Change On Miracle

AUTUMN SUN

I Know That Carnival Says These Changes Will Be In Effect Until Oct 3 Or So But What If Goes Longer! Ok, This Will Be My First Cruise And I Have Done Mega Planning Already, Including Deposits On Excursions At All Ports. Im Freaking Out. What If They Do Extend It Further (im Leaving 1/1/06 To Western Carribean.) Will I Have To Frantically Rescedule And Will These Private Companys Most Likely Be Accomodating? Things Could Be Booked Up If I Have To Change At The Last Minute! Alright, I Quess Im Going A Little Overboard And Just Need To Go With The Flow. Not!

You need to allow room in case of changes. If you do not have a plan B you can run into the disappointment ruining your cruise. Yes, you have to go with the flow more easily. Booking a cruise based on ports is a huge mistake coz things do happen.

Howdy Serene :)

Autumn,

If they do keep the itinerary change, I have found that Island Marketing will make the changes for you. I am in no way selling their services, but it was a nice touch when I IM'd them about the changes, and they already knew and proactively switched our excursions in the ports to match the days we would actually be there. In fact, it seems that they knew before I did, (and we still haven't received "official" word from CCL on the change:( )

For Grand Cayman Its Nativeway "rays, Reef And Rum Point" Excursion. In Costa Maya Its Chacchoben Ruins With Ivan. Also I Have Some Beach Time Sceduled Through Island Marketing For The" Beach Break Party At Pez Quadro." In Cozumel I Have The "beach Break At Nachi Cocum Beach Club" Sceduled Through Island Marketing. We Also Plan On Going To Chankannab Park On Our Own. In Belize I Have The " Shark, Ray Snorkling And Caye Caulker Exploration" Through Coral Breeze. Im A Little Worried About Island Marketing Though. About A Month Ago I Tryed To Change Something And Whoever Answered My Email Was Unprofessional And Ugly. When I Emailed Him Back And Mentioned Cruise Critic He Made A Smart Remark About This Group. So I Dread Having To Email That Bunch Back!

Odd. I have received nothing buy superb cust service from Island. I guess it depends on who you get, how hung-over they are from the night before, etc etc.

In any case, as you stated, the itinerary change is scheduled through October (for some reason I thought November, but it's six of one, one half a dozen of the other) and the only changes are Belize and Cozumel. I don't think you'll have too much of a problem, given that you are sailing in January. If October (or November) roles around and they keep the modified itinerary as is, it's two e-mails explaining the change to the vendor, who probably will be aware of it. I'd hang tight, keep what you have and see what plays out. It's all good:)

Autumn - I would email them back regarding your changes and await a response. I went thru many emails with them back in February and they were nothing but receptive.

We had a fabulous time at Nachi Cocum that day (11 of us).....what great day:D

Island Marketing is a good company. (but I think its based here in the states and has vendors on the ports) Island marketing has a tour operator in every port. they also are aware that this cruise board can make them or break them with bad reviews . Island marketing has a website where you can chat with a live person during the day.

Nativeways is a good company too. I am sure they can accomadate you with a change of plans.

check out this site to see how many ships are in port with you for any changes

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/

I Think The Change Would Also Put Us In Costa Maya Later Than It Is Sceduled Now. I Checked Cruise Cal And If The Scedule Stays To Its Original, There Will Be 11 Ships In Cozumel And 4 In Belize. Ouch!!! If They Change It To What What They Have Now, There Will Be 4 Ships In Cozumel And 2 In Belize. Wow, Now I Think I Would Like Them To Switch The Days When Jan. Comes Around!!

I Think The Change Would Also Put Us In Costa Maya Later Than It Is Sceduled Now. I Checked Cruise Cal And If The Scedule Stays To Its Original, There Will Be 11 Ships In Cozumel And 4 In Belize. Ouch!!! If They Change It To What What They Have Now, There Will Be 4 Ships In Cozumel And 2 In Belize. Wow, Now I Think I Would Like Them To Switch The Days When Jan. Comes Around!!

What day will you be in Costa Maya? Did you say the first week in January? I only see 4 ships in Costa Maya that day.

We sailed on the Miracle with 9 ships in Cozumel. Mega ships voyager, explorer and Grand princess was among those 9. But never did we feel crowded while in the port. I was soo impressed.

We Will Be In Costa Maya On 1/4/06. Yes It Is Four On That Day. Im Not Really Worried About Any Of The Ports Except Cozumel. But Im Sure I Will Have A Great Time No Matter How Many Ships Are In Port. I Will Just Have To Have Plan B In Case They Do Keep The Scedule Change On The Miracle Through January.

We Will Be In Costa Maya On 1/4/06. Yes It Is Four On That Day. Im Not Really Worried About Any Of The Ports Except Cozumel. But Im Sure I Will Have A Great Time No Matter How Many Ships Are In Port. I Will Just Have To Have Plan B In Case They Do Keep The Scedule Change On The Miracle Through January.

Wow, I'm sorry, I misread your original post. You are right, that is unbelievable. I think keeping it on the schedule that it currently is with Cozumel on Friday would be the best thing for all.

Archived