Celebrity Solstice - Port or Starboard for Aus/NZ cruise

digicruiser

Hi all

We have just booked a Celebrity Suite on the Celebrity Solstice for November 2013, sailing from Sydney Australia and ending in Auckland, New Zealand - and very excited! I've always wanted to visit this part of the world. We have cruised on other lines, but never Celebrity so looking forward to a new experience onboard as well. We decided to push the boat out (no pun intended..) this time and book a Celebrity Suite to have a bit more room, but our suite is located on the Starboard side of the ship. Usually our rooms have always been port side, normally by accident, but this does provide you with a view of the dock/country whilst you're in port. I'm also conscious of this because part of the itinerary is to pass by Dusky Sound/Milford Sound/Doubtful Sound and I'm wondering whether the ship will pass closer to the mountains/cliff faces/etc. on the port side rather than starboard.

Does anyone have any experience of this on the Solstice, or have a preference over port or starboard and if it makes a difference to the view from your stateroom/suite? I'm contemplating whether to call our Travel Agent to see if we could swap sides, if there's a suite on the port side still, but it may just be me being over fussy...

Thoughts/comments/experiences are very welcome :)

- Em

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a board here for Aussie/NZ cruisers, and they know their ports and xcan give you an idea if side makes a difference. I will say that it is very unusual for the same side of the ship to be next to the pier each time. It can vary a lot! EM

Archived