ZENITH dining room seating with party of 21

Terry in NJ

Does anyone know how we will be accomodated? Obviously we wish to be seated near each other. It would make sense to all have the same wait staff (because if they put us at 3 tables, I am sure we'll be "mixing it up" and moving around). It would be nice to have the same staff each night.

OK all you recent Zenith cruisers, have you seen really large tables or been part of a large group?

Thanks for your help! ;)

Terry in NJ

We just had a major discussion with our waiter on our May cruise and he said any good waiter will take no more than 12 seats. Some will take 16, but he didn't feel the service would be good. I don't think you'll get any waiter to take on 21 people.

Marilyn

We can let you know in about 10 days -- a group we were traveling with (we had to cancel.... :() are doing the same thing right now on the Constellation in the Baltics. Three tables, two of eight and one of six, as I recall.

They arranged with the Captains Club (and the maitre'd as one couple was fortunate enough to be on the ship a few months before) to link all of their reservations and have an open seating arrangement between the three tables at their discretion. Whether they all have one waiter or not will have to be confirmed by one of the group, but I would agree with MSBYRDY that you would probably want at least two waiters as one would be so overburdened by the group it would make your dinners really long.

Of course, try to pre-arrange everything in advance either through your TA or directly through Celebrity -- and just in case I would check first thing onboard that the reservations have been handled correctly. Enjoy your cruise! :D

We were with a group of 30 on the Century and we had three tables of 10 - each with a different waiter. Everyone sat at their assigned table for the entire cruise. We were told that we would have to prepay gratuities (as part of our cruise price) if we had tables assigned to the group rather than to the cabins which us experienced cruisers of the group did not want to do as we like to tip personally at the end. Our three tables were right in a row.

Archived