Blue Lagoon Island - Short day in Nassau

Foffie232

Hi folks of infinite information! :)

My family and I are going to be sailing on Allure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean itinerary in June and the itinerary calls for a port stop in Nassau from 7-2pm - a pretty short day. My sister and her husband are going to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter excursion. Because my husband and I have already done the swimming with dolphins thing, we thought we would do the Blue Lagoon Island beach break excursion, with the hopes of watching my sister and brother-in-law doing their dolphin thing and maybe snapping a few pictures.

In reading a bit about the two excursions, it appears that there are two different modes of transportation for these excursions, meaning we'll be on two different boats to get there.

Has anyone had experience with this beach break on Blue Lagoon Island? Will this excursion allow us to see them doing their dolphin thing or is it hit or miss? Any info that you wonderfully informative people may have on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Stephie

Hi folks of infinite information! :)

My family and I are going to be sailing on Allure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean itinerary in June and the itinerary calls for a port stop in Nassau from 7-2pm - a pretty short day. My sister and her husband are going to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter excursion. Because my husband and I have already done the swimming with dolphins thing, we thought we would do the Blue Lagoon Island beach break excursion, with the hopes of watching my sister and brother-in-law doing their dolphin thing and maybe snapping a few pictures.

In reading a bit about the two excursions, it appears that there are two different modes of transportation for these excursions, meaning we'll be on two different boats to get there.

Has anyone had experience with this beach break on Blue Lagoon Island? Will this excursion allow us to see them doing their dolphin thing or is it hit or miss? Any info that you wonderfully informative people may have on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Stephie

With your timeline, I would ONLY do this thru the ship excursions.

If you are there on a beach break, you will be able to watch your friends do the encounters. The dock is public.

This is a really short day..

With your timeline, I would ONLY do this thru the ship excursions.

If you are there on a beach break, you will be able to watch your friends do the encounters. The dock is public.

This is a really short day..

Yes, we're definitely planning to do either excursion through the cruise line to avoid the "please for the love of God don't leave without us" moment running back on board. That said, I'm wondering if, because there are two different modes of transportation for the two different excursions (the dolphin encounter apparently arrives by catamaran, whereas the beach break arrives by "cruise in the harbor"..... are these actually on board the same vessel?), I want to make sure that if we are arriving separately that we don't miss out on their dolphin encounter.

If anyone has done this (as opposed to booking the "observer" option which doesn't allow you any of the beach break time), please let me know how it was. Inquiring minds and all that :)

Yes, we're definitely planning to do either excursion through the cruise line to avoid the "please for the love of God don't leave without us" moment running back on board. That said, I'm wondering if, because there are two different modes of transportation for the two different excursions (the dolphin encounter apparently arrives by catamaran, whereas the beach break arrives by "cruise in the harbor"..... are these actually on board the same vessel?), I want to make sure that if we are arriving separately that we don't miss out on their dolphin encounter.

If anyone has done this (as opposed to booking the "observer" option which doesn't allow you any of the beach break time), please let me know how it was. Inquiring minds and all that :)

If you are both taking the 8:30 ferry, you will be on the same boat.

Dolphin Encounter own and operate their own ferries. They run 8:30/ 10:30/12:30 and 1:30..

All programs leaving from downtown and the cruise docks will be on the same boat.

Make sure your beach break has the same time slot as your friends encounter.

Archived