Lido cabin(9292) or Empress(7335) on Liberty?

rok233

We had cabin #7334 on the Liberty. I wouldn't book it again; entirely too much traffic right there outside the elevators. I've also had cabin #8249 on the Liberty which was an AWESOME location, very quiet and very convenient to the action on the Lido deck.

To answer your question out of the two you mentioned, I would prefer the Lido deck cabin - the Empress deck cabin is in a noisier, less convenient location.

Edited by ViolaSwamp

Thanks for the replies. I thought the Empress deck was the quiet deck. lol

It probably is - except not by the midship elevators. Too much traffic right outside that area. People thundering off the elevator and down the hall like a herd of buffalo! :eek: I found that the forward cabin had much lighter traffic outside of it. YMMV

Edited by ViolaSwamp

We had a deck 8 balcony cabin and our door was right there by the AFT elevators and stairs. We loved it, we'd hear the occasional conversation going on outside our door, but that didn't bother us, we loved the location! What a pleasure just a few steps up to the Lido buffet or adult pool and pizza! Would definitely book this area again.

Lido I'd book if I needed an interior room, not to crazy about Lido balcony. I could hear all the parties on Lido on deck 8 balcony aft, I can imagine the noise if we were closer to the main pool area.

Edited by ibcnusoon

I would be booking the empress

When we book this class of ship we prefer rooms around 7409 though- out the door and two decks up is food and pools

down two decks for entertainment.

being on the lido will be nice- for pools and buffet BUT when you go to the main dining room, or show lounge you gotta travel.

so more convenient will be the empress

BUt--- curious I could be wrong though

7335 is a handi capped cabin and the entrance to this cabin is on the side where you see the word (ELE)== its along that wall- NOT the main hallway with the other cabins.

I would NOT book this cabin even if i needed a handicapped room and it was the only one left

Thanks for the replies. I thought the Empress deck was the quiet deck. lol

It really depends on your cabin location. If you're "down the hall", so to speak, away from the elevators and stairways, it'll be much quieter than a cabin that's right across from the elevators and stairs. When selecting a cabin, there are several things to take into consideration. What's above you and below you? What's to the right, left and in front of your cabin? How close or far are you from the MDR, Lido deck, and other public gathering spots that you normally would frequent? The old saying "Location, location, location." also applies to selecting a cabin that you can be happy with.

Which cabin would you prefer and why? The empress seems to be in the middle of everything but the lido cabin seems like it's just steps away from the lido deck.

We had a cabin 9264 on the Valor, (sister ship to the Liberty) and were kept awake all night with the kids coming and going. They were in groups and talked really loud. ALL NIGHT. Woke us from a sound sleep. We had 6260 on the Liberty and never heard a sound. Same location the only difference was the deck. The lido deck gets traffic 24 hours a day.

With Cabin 9292 they will be walking directly along your back wall and the entrance to the deck is right next to that cabin. It will be nice during the day but at night maybe not.

Even with the door facing the elevators I'd probably pick the Empress deck cabin. Or find another somewhere else.

7411 is located right by the elevator and we never heard a sound.

its across the hall from a gray area which is where they store the fire doors/ so no across the hall neighbors.

across from 7365 is the room service pantry this is an area that is well traveled and the clinking glasses and the dropped plates could get quite noisy here

Edited by serene56

Which cabin would you prefer and why? The empress seems to be in the middle of everything but the lido cabin seems like it's just steps away from the lido deck.

DH and I stayed in 9293 on the Freedom. It was AWESOME!!! I would definitely stay in it again. You're only steps from the pool and the elevators. The passageway is private so, you don't get the general foot traffic. Do it!

We had a cabin 9264 on the Valor, (sister ship to the Liberty) and were kept awake all night with the kids coming and going. They were in groups and talked really loud. ALL NIGHT. Woke us from a sound sleep. We had 6260 on the Liberty and never heard a sound. Same location the only difference was the deck. The lido deck gets traffic 24 hours a day.

With Cabin 9292 they will be walking directly along your back wall and the entrance to the deck is right next to that cabin. It will be nice during the day but at night maybe not.

Even with the door facing the elevators I'd probably pick the Empress deck cabin. Or find another somewhere else.

There is a big difference in the location of 9264 and 9292. As I said previously, we were in 9293 on the Freedom last October. We were hesitant to book this cabin for fear of the noise. We got no noise from the Lido parties and couldn't even see the deck from our balcony. 9292 is in a seperate hallway, not the same hallway that the other passengers take from the elevators to the Lido deck. The only foot traffic we got was from the passengers in the other 3 cabins in this end of the hall and the stewards. It was very quiet. I would definitely book this cabin again if we were to cruise on this class of ship in the future.

Lido cabins are by far our favorite, we have another booked on the Liberty this May and can't wait.

We are on that cruise too, and are also in a Lido cabin!!! It will be our first time on this deck, and also our first time with a balcony. Can't get here soon enough!!!

There is a big difference in the location of 9264 and 9292. As I said previously, we were in 9293 on the Freedom last October. We were hesitant to book this cabin for fear of the noise. We got no noise from the Lido parties and couldn't even see the deck from our balcony. 9292 is in a seperate hallway, not the same hallway that the other passengers take from the elevators to the Lido deck. The only foot traffic we got was from the passengers in the other 3 cabins in this end of the hall and the stewards. It was very quiet. I would definitely book this cabin again if we were to cruise on this class of ship in the future.

At least 1/2 of the passengers getting off the elevators (probably more) will have to take the hall that is right along the back side of that room. That is not a problem you would have with 9293. Hopefully for them if they choose this room it will be quiet for them. I wouldn't take the chance.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I ended up going with room 7331 Empress mid ship. It was a coin toss but I didn't feel right taking a wheel chair room if I didn't need it. Seems like a great central location. :)

Edited by rok233

Thanks to everyone that replied. I ended up going with room 7331 Empress mid ship. It was a coin toss but I didn't feel right taking a wheel chair room if I didn't need it. Seems like a great central location. :)

We have been paying extra to be on the empress deck. Enjoyed taking our wine & sitting & people watching & also they have music there about all the time.( In the lobby.) Ofcourse your bathroom is right there also & a refill on your wine. Nice before dinner area. :)

• 10 months later...