Running / Exercising on the Pride- Spirit class

LVFire

I am leaving July 10th for a long awaited cruise on the Pride. I am also marathon training (And partying at the same time) and try not to run on the treadmills too much. Can anyone tell me the distance of the "Running track"?the deck plan shows it to be about 100 yards. (Yikes, thats about a zillion laps a day) Or, can you run on the outside promenade? Any input is appreciated.

I am leaving July 10th for a long awaited cruise on the Pride. I am also marathon training (And partying at the same time) and try not to run on the treadmills too much. Can anyone tell me the distance of the "Running track"?the deck plan shows it to be about 100 yards. (Yikes, thats about a zillion laps a day) Or, can you run on the outside promenade? Any input is appreciated.

Which marathon are you running? Im doing Maui in Sept. Good Luck!

This link might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=185768&highlight=jogging

I too am usually training for a fall marathon throughout the summer Months, (we are booked on the Miracle 7/3) and although I usually avoid treadmill running in general it's kind of fun on the ships. The outside track just gets too hot and crowded with walkers. Being an early morning runner I am usually up at 6ish and the first one at the spa. The treadmills are all the way facing forward and I usually get a good view of the ship comming into the ports. It gets somwhat challanging on the sea days and the boat has a "bounce" to it but you get used to the motion soon enough. I get my run over before my wife and kids even stir!

Have a great time on your cruise, and good luck with the marathon.

Mark

Or, can you run on the outside promenade?

Besides running on the track, another option is running around the promenade on deck 3. You can go three quarters around the ship and then reverse, as long as you don't mind running on the wooden deck. The asst M d' on our cruise did that every day.

The "New" Las Vegas marathon is on December 4th. So the guys in my fire station are all going to run and like an idiot I said I would join them. Thanks for the info. I tried the treadmill last cruise and the "Bounce of the ship" was a little much. I will try it again and the promanade deck. Thanks for the info!

Steve

Reading about the bounce of the ship reminded me of a treadmill experience on RCI a few years ago. We were pulling into Labadee and it was a dreary day. The water was a little rough, but not awful. I was running on a treadmill and DH came and got on the one next to me. Within a few minutes, I felt a clunk on my head as his cd player flew through the air and clobbered me. When I looked over, he was flat on his butt on the floor behind us. Being the good wife that I am, I almost fell off my treadmill because I was laughing so hard. For the rest of the trip, he stuck to an elliptical machine.

Tammy

Tamhugh, that is a funny story and about matches my experiance on the NCL pride (A small ship) last year on a "sea day". The exercise room was small and the treadmill I was on faced the side (Not forward) It got rough and we were running up hill / downhill with the roll of the ship. After hitting the stop button with my waist the 3rd time I also switched to the Eliptical. (My wife calls it the deneurolyzer, from MIB) Thanks for the story!

We were on the Pride the last week in April.

I ran every morning about 7:00 to 7:30. Not many people up then and everyone was running around the entire "Sun Deck", the one above the Lido.

It goes the entire distance of the ship and works very well. Approximately 1/4 mile around.

Hope that helps.

Kevin Finger

Archived