Music listening device on sun decks

Briitini

Do you bring headphones or a small speaker box when you are laying out? I just bought a beats by dre pill which is a smaller Bluetooth speaker. I don't plan to play it really loud, but its easier to hear someone next to me if I don't have headphones in my ear. What do you use if you listen to music while laying out?

Do you bring headphones or a small speaker box when you are laying out? I just bought a beats by dre pill which is a smaller Bluetooth speaker. I don't plan to play it really loud, but its easier to hear someone next to me if I don't have headphones in my ear. What do you use if you listen to music while laying out?

Definitely ear buds so I don't bother the people around me. It also lets me go into my own space in my head :o

I would really suggest you bring along earbuds/headphones. Even if you play your speaker at a low volume, it could still be pretty disruptive to someone next to you.

I think it might be better if you did use your headphones. Not to sound rude or hip...but not everyone enjoy's the same music. Besides there will be lots of music on the lido anyways and would probably be hard to hear over that.

I would really suggest you bring along earbuds/headphones. Even if you play your speaker at a low volume, it could still be pretty disruptive to someone next to you.

I'm bringing both :) speaker box for when less people are around (port days)

Your neighbors will thank you for using the earbuds.

Worst balcony experience for us: The fellow in the neighboring cabin brought along his guitar. He played beautifully, but sang along. Horribly off key ! For hours!.

I could not stand to be out there while he sang. I finally on the third day, I got fed up and slipped a note under his door. It just said: "Please don't sing." He stopped. I should have written the note sooner.

The speaker boxes are technically prohibited per Carnival's cruise terms. The folks who tend to stay onboard during port days are looking for peace and quiet so please consider them and stick with the headphones/ :)

I do the same, however I use our small speaker in our cabin and the earbuds while in public spaces. On some port days, if we've been to that destination before, we just stay on board. It just never occurred to me to bring my speaker with me to the pool for the reasons I and others have mentioned. Up to you.

Worst balcony experience for us: The fellow in the neighboring cabin brought along his guitar. He played beautifully, but sang along. Horribly off key ! For hours!.

I could not stand to be out there while he sang. I finally on the third day, I got fed up and slipped a note under his door. It just said: "Please don't sing." He stopped. I should have written the note sooner.

Omg lmao

The speaker boxes are technically prohibited per Carnival's cruise terms. The folks who tend to stay onboard during port days are looking for peace and quiet so please consider them and stick with the headphones/ :)

And hopefully that is a rule they will enforce.icon7.gif

good luck with that- with more and more platinum cruisers many people stay onboard.

in our last three cruises we chose to stay onboard and based on people who say--stay on the ship because its virtually empty has never sailed with me-- because there are always a ton of people staying on with us

Yep, I agree that the speaker boxes are prohibited by Carnivals rules. Please just use the ear buds when out on deck, or in public. As noted above, you can use the speakers, at low volume in your cabin.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

hysterical!!!

There is also something available that will turn anything into a speaker. You could use it in the cabin and not have to bring any speakers. It even works on a solo cup! Not bad sound either.

I agree with the others, though. Earbuds please!

LMAO!! I am copying this into an e-mail to my husband who insists on bringing his guitar on our first-ever cruise. My apologies in advance, and I will not be offended if anyone slips a note under our door. :D

Archived