Deluxe balcony cabin on Royal Princess

caber

We are booked on 9th June taster cruise on Royal Princess. We have a deluxe balcony cabin. With all the scramble to book at the start the ordinary balconies were waitlisted so we agreed to this grade.

This week we had an email from the TA with a message from Princess stating that if the 3rd bed (folding from the ceiling) or the sofabed was in use that access to the balcony would be restricted.

As there are only two of us in the cabin it does not affect us but I wondered if anyone else booked in a deluxe balcony cabin had this message or if this is only applicable to our cabin?

I am sure that it means that if the sofabed or ceiling berth are in use the balcony would be difficult to get to. Once the beds are repositioned into their usual day place, there is no problem. The only problem would be getting out to the balcony at night if passangers are already asleep in the additional bed(s).

We are on that cruise too - although in an ordinary balcony room - and we got the same message. As there are also just the two of us, we contacted the vivacious Olivia at Princess UK who replied that she was pleased to advise us that this notification was not applicable to us and said she had looked at our stateroom and it was not affected by this. We assumed therefore that this was a message sent out generally when it should have been specific.

And anyway, even if they are correct, as you say, it won't bother us.

Hope to run into you on that cruise (get references for us from Swiss Dave!)

Ibrasu

Kind Regards,

Thanks for that.

I thought it might be a general notice. It makes sense that the positioning of the sofa would obstruct the balcony access when it is down. Not a problem for us either.

Met Swiss Dave on the Grand. :)

There seems to be still quite a lot of cabins left, despite the initial scramble on booking day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I noticed there were still rooms available, unfortunately my husbands work schedule doesn't allow us to book it.

I wanted to say Hi to Ibrasu, I have just joined the roll call for the 7 day sailing on the Crown Princess in May. Noticed you weren't there, seems wrong not seeing you and Dave also sailing that week!

We have booked a deluxe balcony on the Royal and have not gotten such a message. It wouldn't affect us either, as there are just two of us and we have no plan to sleep separate. ;) Will be interesting to see how these deluxe balconies are -- we had a mini-suite the last time.

We have booked a deluxe balcony on the Royal and have not gotten such a message. It wouldn't affect us either, as there are just two of us and we have no plan to sleep separate. ;) Will be interesting to see how these deluxe balconies are -- we had a mini-suite the last time.

Maybe our cabin is different from the rest then.:confused:

Archived