Carnival Fantasy 3-Night Questions

christygobar

I lurk here daily and occasionally throw my $.02 in, but I have a few questions regarding my falltime weekend cruise. I have searched several forums and haven't found the answers I'm looking for! And it seems that there are more reviews and information on the 4 night Fantasy.

- Is it true that formal night is on the night we are in Nassau and not on the day-at-sea? We are trying to plan out our excursion for the day and our trip to Senor Frogs at night :) It'd be nice to have it on the day at sea, but understand people need to start putting luggage out for debarkation the next morning.

- Has this ship been retrofitted with the FunVision television system to check our SNS card in the room? What about the "music" system that I've seen on some of the other ships?

- How nice is Cocoa Beach? Could I get a good Priceline hotel there the night before and get a couple hours of beach time before we embark? Or is it best to stay in Orlando and just drive the next morning directly to the ship? We will be there for the 5 previous days visiting WDW and Universal Studios.

- What is the earliest you've been able to embark at Port Canaveral? 11:00? 1:00? I've been able to get on my 2 previous cruises out of Miami around 11:30, but I know it varies on customs.

- There's no Past Guest party on a 3-night, yes? How about my Carnival Fantasy pin? (Hey, a girl's gotta start her collection, right? :rolleyes: )

And lastly, a question that's not specific to the Fantasy. Well, for now. I might have more later ;)

I used the One Day Sale 2 weeks ago to upgrade to a 4C cabin from a 4A. If there was to be another ODS before we sail, will we be able to take advantage of another upgrade? Or was that our only shot? What is the likelihood of another sale happening by the end of September (I would think pretty good)?

So if anyone has any information, I would love to hear it. Is it too early to be excited? :D

Formal night is Friday on the three day cruise which is the night that you are docked in Nassau.

I do not remember the Fun Vision being added with the last refurb.

I personally do not care for the Cocoa area. I would rather stay around the O town area. I usually arrive at the port around 11:00 and board by noon.

No past guest party and I do not remember a pin but you could check with the pursers desk to see if they are available.

I have no idea how Carnival would handle another upgrade but you can always try. I have photos in my first link of the Fantasy just after she came out of her major refurb two years ago. Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

- There's no Past Guest party on a 3-night, yes? How about my Carnival Fantasy pin? (Hey, a girl's gotta start her collection, right? :rolleyes: )

Hi Christy. Past Guest parties are held on 5-night or longer cruises only. As far as I know, the ship's pins are only given out on those cruises....sorry.:o Have a great cruise!

Darn! I wish I had seen this thread 2 weeks ago. I just threw out my capers 2 weeks ago from my April cruise. I'll look around this weekend and see if I happen to have another set laying around my cruise drawer.

Yes, formal night is the night you are docked in Nassau, but you still have plenty of time to do a day excursion, come back to the ship, shower and dress for formal night and then after dinner get back off and go hit Senor Frogs.

You can not view for S&S on the television.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "music system" but there are two stations of the TV that play music 24/7. It was not listed in the capers and when we used the remote, it also didnt pull it up automatically, but when we manually put in the tv channels we had music. The daughter was in high heaven once we figured that out (We figured it out because we were sitting over near the pursers desk in the chairs and couches they have and realized that good music was coming from the tv thats set up there)

There is no past guest party, but they do have a Captains cocktail party the first evening (I believe it was at 7:00 pm )

Im not sure what time the earliest you can get on board---We usually just arrive around 1:30 and are on the ship within 30 minutes or so.

Have a great time!

Laura

Family and I, (thats, myself, DH, mother, kids ages 18m, 6 and 9 are booked on 10/16 for our first cruise. Looking for any info that can make sailing with kids easier. In particular, can anyone recommend beaches in Nassau and Freeport which are close to port, but still offer a lot to do??? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have the capers for the Fantasy 3 night? How about Camp Carnival activities?

We were on the Fantacy about 4 years ago, it was our first cruise. There were lots of children and we saw them a lot out and about with Camp Carnival. One day they dressed up with pirate hats and had beards and mustaches drawn on their faces and they were on a scavenger hunt. They stopped at the pizza bar on the back of the ship...I also saw them on the slide as a group at times. They were well supervised and not a frown on one child. It was nice to see.

Archived