Do I have enough time for this (On Carnival)

cruzinlisa

I am now second guessing my decision as to what to do in Belize. We are sailing on Carnival Conquest. Our time in port is 8 to 5. I booked the private beach break through Carnival, which has a time of 8:45-12:45. I believe its at Bannister Island. Now I am think that maybe I want to go to the area around the port to pick up a couple of cheap souvenirs and maybe have a drink. But I do not know if I have enough time? Does anyone know if Carnival just transports you back to the ship or if you have the option to go to the port area. I am thinking they only go back to the ship, since it is my understanding is that they tender you directly from the ship to this Island. For anyone that has done this, what time did it get you back to the ship and did you have time to catch a tender to the port. I don't want to spend a ton of time in the port area, I have seen a couple of videos and it seems fairly limited. But I want to go there because I never have and want to look around for a little bit. But I have heard it can be a long tender ride and we will have our 2 year old DD.

As long as you're back to the ship on the last tender leaving the port/tender pier area, you should have enough time. If you get back to the ship by 1PM, ship time you should have ~3 hours as most 5 PM sailing have last tenders to ship around 4/4:30 PM. There are tenders back and forth all day long.

Re shopping on the pier, a few native type crafts and typical cruise port shops. Should not take you 3 hours to stroll. Most guys shopping would take 15 minutes.:D Even time for a cold Belikin and a plate of conch fritters at Wet Lizard. But if you're looking at crafts, the flea market across from the pier has better prices and usually a larger selection.

• 2 weeks later...
I am now second guessing my decision as to what to do in Belize. We are sailing on Carnival Conquest. Our time in port is 8 to 5. I booked the private beach break through Carnival, which has a time of 8:45-12:45. I believe its at Bannister Island. Now I am think that maybe I want to go to the area around the port to pick up a couple of cheap souvenirs and maybe have a drink. But I do not know if I have enough time? Does anyone know if Carnival just transports you back to the ship or if you have the option to go to the port area. I am thinking they only go back to the ship, since it is my understanding is that they tender you directly from the ship to this Island. For anyone that has done this, what time did it get you back to the ship and did you have time to catch a tender to the port. I don't want to spend a ton of time in the port area, I have seen a couple of videos and it seems fairly limited. But I want to go there because I never have and want to look around for a little bit. But I have heard it can be a long tender ride and we will have our 2 year old DD.

We did Bannister through Carnival excursions and yes you can go back to the ship or to the tender pier. We chose to go back to the ship, have lunch, shower and then headed out to the Tourism Village. We spent an hour or two and were back on the ship in plenty of time.

Archived