The OLD E.S vs the New ES and Easy Saver--confused about price drops

roscoegirl

Can anyone answer the following:

-Booked cruise under the 'old' version of Early Saver.

-Realized a price drop listed under the new Easy Saver.

-Also, noted a drop in price under the Past Guest Rate.

I know, even under the 'old' Early Saver, I would qualify for the past guest rate, when lower. Am I eligible for the lower prices under Easy Saver given the fact that I booked Early Saver BEFORE there was an Easy Saver?:confused:

Thanks.

Early Saver and Easy Saver is two different things

If your book under Easy Saver, you can submit a price drop for any rate until your sail date

Here is a page that describes the two different rates:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5107

Thank you...I'm guessing (have not opened the link yet) the short answer is no. This will be helpful...if I don't cancel my Aug cruise, I'll be better prepared to spot any price drops given all the pricing choices now.:)

I know, even under the 'old' Early Saver, I would qualify for the past guest rate, when lower. Am I eligible for the lower prices under Easy Saver given the fact that I booked Early Saver BEFORE there was an Easy Saver?:confused:

Thanks.

Right now your best bet is the spring into savings- past guest rates.

If your book under Easy Saver, you can submit a price drop for any rate until your sail date

Maybe you meant to say under EARLY saver you can get price drops? EASY saver doesnt let you get any price drops if thats what you originally booked.

To OP: You can get as many price drops as come up (with promos you qualify for of course) including easy saver up until 2 business days before the cruise because you originally booked EARLY saver. The only ones you cant get are Super or Instant saver which are those ones where Carnival picsk the room for you.

Thanks.

I'm sure this was answered, but long story short, you qualify for all rates under the old Early Saver. Just know that if the rate is for one of the guaranteed rooms you will have to give up your selected room, but you'll still remain in Early Saver.

Going forward, if you book Early Saver, you can not price match to Super Saver nor Instant Saver, as these are rates that don't allow you to choose your room.

I'm assuming you meant to say under Early Saver you can submit a price drop for any rate you qualify for up until two days prior to your sailing? (And this is assuming you're giving info about all rates because she booked under the old Early Saver rate.)

Archived