Just back from 5 day on the Inspirations

uscgamer

Overall the cruise was great. It was my first cruise and i had a really good time. On the boat itself the food, activities, and pool area were great. Also Grand Cayman and Cozumel were fun as well even though I sat in Senor Frogs all day which ruined my night since i fell asleep at about 8 pm .

However, our last full day was miserable. Friday was supposed to be "Fun at Sea" day before we arrived back to Tampa on Saturday. Unfortunately, we had a run in with the Tropical Storm for pretty much the whole day and it was aweful. The ship rocked back and forth and probably most of the entire ship stayed in there rooms seasick. Myself personally couldn't even stand up without getting extremely dizzy, and even now 20 hours after i've gotten off the ship im still getting pretty bad dizzy spells as is the rest of my family.

Has anybody else experienced this type of experience?

Running into bad weather on your cruise is a bummer.Hope you get to feeling better.You might try taking some Bonine for a day or two untill you get you land legs back.Im sure with the weather the last couple of days you will not be the only ones with the rocking feeling.:)

A friends wife was on this same cruise with you and she called him Friday at sea to say how bad it was but I have not talked with him yet since she got home to see how it turned out.

I too was on the Inspiration and the last 24 hours of our cruise was spent in the bed. Neither my husband or I got sick and I swear it was because of the patch, but we had a lot of trouble standing and walking. I fell in the bathroom and bruised my bottom. I heard a rumor that over 300 of Inspirations crew were also struck down with sea sickness. I tried to get a cabin stewart to get me some ice for my injury but no one answered for about 6 hours. When I got sick of laying in the bed my husband and I went for a walk to get fresh air. low and behold cruisers were in the Atrium with pillows, blankets,bathrobes. Barf bags were taped all over the ship. I myself witnessed about 10 people throwing up all over the ship. So we hurried back to bed so it would not start a chain reaction with us. My husbands brother and sister in law were sick all day. We did not see them untill it was time to disemback. The best place for me was laying on my back on the bed, it flet like the waves were going in a circular motion. At one time I went out on deck 10 to look at the front oof the ship. I saw the most amazing waves and surges hit the front of the ship and the back spray was awesome. I then understood why we were on a sailing rollercoaster. Its funny just writing about it makes me GREEN!! On the whole I enjoyed the cruise, I will cruise again. Annmarie

Archived