Glad I Choose Celebrity This Time

TravelGal22

We've only sailed Carnival and I had been considering booking another cruise while on the ship during our last cruise. However, I decided to try another line and go with Celebrity. Our last cruise on Carnival Breeze was very underwhelming. With all of the problems Carnival is having now I'm glad I decided to try another line for our next cruise.

We've only sailed Carnival and I had been considering booking another cruise while on the ship during our last cruise. However, I decided to try another line and go with Celebrity. Our last cruise on Carnival Breeze was very underwhelming. With all of the problems Carnival is having now I'm glad I decided to try another line for our next cruise.

What ship are you sailing on? Regardless, I think you will be impressed!

I couldn't agree with you more. We booked our first Celebrity crusie looking for a change... recent events have us very releived that we decided to change.

Enjoy your crusie!

I sailed the Summit last Nov 30th and had a great time. The staff and guests were friendly and I really enjoyed the cruise. I ended up sailing solo as my cruising partner came down with the flu the night before we were to sail to SJ.

I was booked in Aqua class and had the classic drink package. Was always made to feel welcome and met a lot of new friends. Blu was wonderful and I never ate in the MD. Aqua Spa Cafe was my usual lunch choice and loved being able to order freshly grilled chicken or salmon. Just ask what is available on the grill!

Just go with a good attitude and have a wonderful trip!

The Summit is understated elegance. If your looking for lot's of glitz, this ship isn't it. We loved our Summit cruise and would so another on her in a minute if the dates would work for us. You can expect a more intimate ship with nice sized venues.

We're moving to an S-class ship the next time because of scheduling but I would be happy to sail on the Summit again, anytime.

Our first cruise was on the Summit and it was wonderful. We took another cruise on the Summit and it was wonderful also. Join up on the roll call and see what fun you will be having. All of our 7 cruises have been on Celebrity M class ships. Our next one is on the Solstice, so the jury is still out on how we like it. Can't wait to go, though.

I'm psyched about trying out Celebrity too. Heard about the 123 beverage promo so with that a 7 day eastern on X in a balcony room is comparable to what we've paid as part of group cruises on Carnival. We even upgraded to premium beverages and got a Concierge balcony on the aft hump.

We weren't fleeing Carnival, we liked them a lot (and will miss a few things that are Carnival-specific) but this deal made it very easy to make the switch. We skipped cruising this year due to finances but this long WI winter was unbearable so I got back on CC to see if we could manage a cruise for next year and just a few days after hearing about the promo booked! The Silhouette looks beautiful...will almost feel like cruise virgins again since all previous four Carnival ships were the same class; thus we knew what to expect (except for last year's Liberty cruise with the new upgrades). Been on the Celebrity boards here nonstop all weekend preparing already!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

What was it about your Breeze cruise that was "underwhelming?"

I almost allowed myself to be talked out of a Mexican Riviera cruise on Splendor, and I am VERY glad I went. It was GREAT. I'd go again in a heartbeat DESPITE all of the other troubles on Carnival.

I almost booked the Breeze transatlantic last year (it got down to 399pp) so I am interested in what you thought was lacking. Thanks.

Archived