How much ship maintenance is acceptable?

Darrenk

Just off the Golden. Had a great time but I was alittle disappointed with the maintenance that was happening around the ship.

Very near to our cabin workmen spend a few days sanding down the deck. Not only noisy but left a fair amount of dust. The workmen never cleaned up after a days work and railings and walkways were coated for days. Most passengers probably did not notice this as the area is little used but it was near our cabin.

Also, during one of the days at sea, workers were again using power tools at the pool near the grill/pizza. Not sure of the work they were doing but it was enough to stop the area to one side of the pool being used and also I wondered about the health risks with dust and the food areas being so close.

I realise that ongoing maintenance is required but felt that this was perhaps too much. I did mention it at the pursers desk but they seemed little interested so I completed a comment card.

As I said, we had a great time and would jump at cruising with Princess again.

We've mostly found the maintenance operations unobtrusive, except when noise just couldn't be avoided. When the carpets were due to be changed in our cabin, the steward checked with us to select a day we would be sure to be gone and would not be bothered.

Every ship we have been on has had some ongoing maintainance that has caused areas to be "out of service".

The ship takes a beating from saltwater and constant use. If a ship is doing 7 day cruises there is only maybe one hour per week when there are no passengers on board.

Again, our experience has been that they work during reasonable hours and keep the surrounding area clean.

Imagine the complaints if the maintainance were not being done. :eek:

Charlie

Archived