Sleeveless dress in dining room?

Goes to the top of the knees (red background, white flower design). Appropriate for the dining room? (I'll be sure not to wear sandals.)

Sandals are appropriate in the dining room, go ahead and wear them too, if you want. On a cruise in Feb, out of NY to the Caribbean, many women wore sandals to dinner even on the cold sea days ... saves you from bringing a whole suitcase full of shoes .... :D

That is fine. Really, you will see a little of everything in the dining room. In all of my other cruises (before the one I just got off of), I never even looked at what others wore. After spending time on this board, I did look around at others. There are jeans (*gasp* my DH was one of them one night! And he looked so GOOOOOOD!), little sundresses, capris, dressy dresses, slacks, etc. Did it offend me or make my dinner terrible when I saw someone dressed informally? NO! If you like how you look, and you are basically following the guidelines, you are fine! And, sandals are fine in the dining room. I wore them most nights. I think the "dress code" refers to flip flops.

Enjoy your cruise!

The outfit sounds very nice for nights other than formal. Sandals, yes! If I remember correctly, the gift shop on the Legend sold pashminas (light shawls) in their shops for $10. Very nice to have when the dining room turned chilly.

I always wear a sundress or denim skirt & nice top to dinner on non-formal nights. I always notice that several others wear the same. You will be fine. Sandals will be fine - I have a cute pair of thong-like heels (no, not like casual flip-flops that you see at the pool - these are actually dressy) that go with EVERYTHING in my wardrobe and those are fine too.

Archived