Sue Happy?

It will STOP when the USA adopts a "loser pay" system for our courts.Sue over something stupid and trivial if you want to but when you lose--you pay the winning party's expenses.If you can't pay the cost, your lawyer picks up the tab.

^^^This is perf^^^ I cut my leg to the bone..literally on a broken guard rail at a restaurant..have this digusting scar on my leg and was hospitalized for 5 days since I was pregnant when it happened. My insurance covered my bills so no money out of pocket there..only a few days lost wages which my job made a collection for me anyway. I am asked time and again why I didnt sue. I cannot say exactly why but my heart told me that God will take care of me and provide. No I am not overly religous but I am also not a self entitled kind of gal.

Absolutely inaccurate. They have not been uniformly upheld. Many defendants have successfully sued the cruise lines, and many more settlements have occurred out of court.

The issue of luxury item vs necessity has nothing to do obligations in the relationship between buyers and sellers.

Huge eyeroll here. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Carnival's contract has huge limitations. The contract does not insulate Carnival from every claim or suit, it only places limitations on your ability to sue.

Example. The contract says I must sue Carnival in Florida. I file my action in the Southern District of New York. Carnival is going to file a motion to dismiss the suit or alternatively to change venue to the Southern District of Florida. Carnival will win.

Now that we're in Florida I establish that there was a broken step on the stairway to the main dining room, maintenance knew the step was broken but didn't repair it or shut down the stairway, and that I fell when the broken step gave way. . . I will win.

So yes, the contract will be upheld. It is not unconscionable. And yes, you can still win a suit against Carnival.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

^^^This is perf^^^ I cut my leg to the bone..literally on a broken guard rail at a restaurant..have this digusting scar on my leg and was hospitalized for 5 days since I was pregnant when it happened. My insurance covered my bills so no money out of pocket there..only a few days lost wages which my job made a collection for me anyway. I am asked time and again why I didnt sue. I cannot say exactly why but my heart told me that God will take care of me and provide. No I am not overly religous but I am also not a self entitled kind of gal.

You should have sued because now the restaurant has no forced incentive to fix things that should have been fixed. You let them off the hook.

I had a situation where I refused treatment and in effect passed on a suit. In retrospect it was stupid because it's a flaw in a public building that I'm pretty sure has injured other people in the past. So, I let them get off because I didn't feel like taking an ambulance ride.

Hey. I was supposed to be boarding the Dream today. I guess I should sue Carnival for forcing me to go to work next week instead of on the "Dream" vacation I thought I was taking next week.

You guys don't know how bad I wish I HAD sailed last week. A couple days stuck in St. Maarten would have been welcome!

Archived