Spring Into Savings - weirdness in availability

gcooper

This is weird.

Because these sales usually drop significantly on Saturdays, I went in to see if I could save my family of 16 cabins even more than what I submitted PP forms for on Wed.

The "Spring Into Savings" sale for Magic Aug 4 does not appear for Balcony or Ocean View yet it does for Interior and Suites (yes there are rooms available in all categories and decks that I checked).

The "Spring Into Savings -Past Guest" sale for Magic Aug 4 does not appear for Ocean View yet it does for Int, Balc, and Suites.

I thought these sales were typically applied by sailing and now it seems it is a combination of sailing and room type. Either that or I have found yet another carnival website glitch.

I read a thread where one guy said he called the 800# and they were seeing the "SIS" sale for his room even though it didn't appear on the website for him.

Has anybody else noticed this?

This is weird.

Because these sales usually drop significantly on Saturdays, I went in to see if I could save my family of 16 cabins even more than what I submitted PP forms for on Wed.

The "Spring Into Savings" sale for Magic Aug 4 does not appear for Balcony or Ocean View yet it does for Interior and Suites (yes there are rooms available in all categories and decks that I checked).

The "Spring Into Savings -Past Guest" sale for Magic Aug 4 does not appear for Ocean View yet it does for Int, Balc, and Suites.

I thought these sales were typically applied by sailing and now it seems it is a combination of sailing and room type. Either that or I have found yet another carnival website glitch.

I read a thread where one guy said he called the 800# and they were seeing the "SIS" sale for his room even though it didn't appear on the website for him.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I checked both of my booked cruises yesterday morning. They both had listings for Spring Into Savings. I noted the prices (still about $30 more than I paid when price matching to the previous sale). I checked again last night, and neither cruise had Spring Into Savings listed (I checked my category and other categories and couldn't find it listed for any category at all). Prices were up because there were no "sale prices. Chalked it up to a website glitch. I checked again this morning, and my April cruise on the Victory had Spring Into Savings listed once again and back to the same price I saw yesterday morning, but the Glory cruise still did not. Could still be a glitch or maybe the booking engine is reflecting the demand--shifting the sale to those cabin types and sail dates that are not selling as well. Hard to say, but I have noticed what you're talking about. If I were really interested, I'd definitely give them a call to double check. I also read there was another "sale" coming next week, supposedly good for sailings through August, so we will see.

By the way, I used to check prices just once during a particular sale because it seemed the prices would stay consistent throughout the sale for the same category/sail date/number of passengers, but for me on the last sale the price was down a little at the first part of the sale and then dropped even lower for the same cabin category on the same sail date towards the end of the sale (after it had been "extended,") so pricing is definitely dynamic. That being said, I know how glitchy carnival.com can be, so my first thought is always they must be having trouble with it ;)

... Could still be a glitch or maybe the booking engine is reflecting the demand--shifting the sale to those cabin types and sail dates that are not selling as well. Hard to say, but I have noticed what you're talking about. If I were really interested, I'd definitely give them a call to double check. I also read there was another "sale" coming next week, supposedly good for sailings through August, so we will see.

Well you may be CruzCrazy but I don't think either of us are crazy now. With the SIS rates disappearing and reappearing for you I am prone to think it is a technical issue with carnival.com

Thanks for the hint on the possible new sale! Since I am trying to help my 53 family members spread across 16 cabins I will probably just wait and see. We are all booked Early Saver so I am sure there will be better stuff coming (shhh...don't tell any of my family that I am not going to bother anymore with it today ;) )

... so pricing is definitely dynamic. That being said, I know how glitchy carnival.com can be, so my first thought is always they must be having trouble with it ;)

Being a developer of websites, the many glitches on carnival.com stick out like a sore thumb for me. Since they are using my primary language of choice I really wish I could get a contract with them to help fix some of their technical problems.

Being a developer of websites, the many glitches on carnival.com stick out like a sore thumb for me. Since they are using my primary language of choice I really wish I could get a contract with them to help fix some of their technical problems.

You have my vote! ;)

About the rumored sale for next week, I saw that info in another thread here, so I hope it's true and that it works out for everybody. I can't imagine taking care of as many reservations as you. Good luck!

We were discussing this last night on our roll call. One of my fellow travelers found that if if she looked at fares from the home page where you select destination, timing, and number of travelers, the Spring Into Savings Past Guest sale wasn't showing for us. But, if we clicked through the Past Guest Sale on the home page and checked fares that way, the sale showed up. It was great she discovered that as it saved several of us another $150 pp.

Have at it! :D But, it's not just developers that Carnival needs--they seriously need some usability folks and to do usability testing on their site (which is what I do for a living :p). Maybe we could team up to make improvements!

I have two cabins booked on the August 4th cruise on the Magic as well. The prices have stayed the same for one cabin for several days (an extended balcony) but the other cabin (an interior) went down 60.00. I checked again last night because I saw a post where someone said there was another price drop but when I looked no sales were showing at all and then about two hours later I tried again.......and the sales were listed again.

I have never seen a website as unreliable as Carnivals! Even trying to get Boarding passes is usually glitchey.

I agree - weird sale! I will try to get this right but I might not because its so weird-My Dream sailing in July - the Spring into savings is available on Balcony (no on Int or OV). OV had the Super saver available and on Interior it was Easy Saver. So same sailing and three dif sell levels only available on one room type. Last week when they had the sale that included OBC - the prices were better (and on that one the past guest +OBC for my sailing was better for OV and balcony but non-Pg +OBC better for interior). You just have to check everything. They don't make it easy.

Have at it! :D But, it's not just developers that Carnival needs--they seriously need some usability folks and to do usability testing on their site (which is what I do for a living :p). Maybe we could team up to make improvements!

Usability Redesign on carnival.com? For the love of Pete! Yes.

Totes need to team up.

Archived