Does anybody know where the cinema will be on the Breakaway?

Staci0615

I am booked on the Breakaway in August and under amenities on my ncl it says there is an on board cinema where they will be showing movies. I could not locate it on any of the deck plans? I remember some cruises where they would show first run movies on board and I loved it because who has time to go to the movies when you are home. So I would love to catch a movie or two....I hope it will really be there.

• 4 months later...

I was just checking my Vacation Summary for my Breakaway cruise and under the section where you can pre-book excursions, order gifts, etc., they have a section listing all of the Onboard Activities (Nightlife/Entertainment), which includes a cinema.

breakaway_cinema.jpg

Does this exist or is it just a mistake on NCL's web site?

There is no "Cinema" on the Breakaway. I sailed June 23rd. All movies were shown in the Atrium on a big screen.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm that NCL's description was misleading.

I was on the June 30 sailing and the movies were shown in the atrium. I just glanced through my Freestyle Dailies and they were showing the movies late at night. (We never watched any of them). The atrium is a focal point for music and game shows, so I guess they are limited to running the films at off hours.

One was a Batman movie and the other was The Bourne Legacy (I think it was the latest reboot).

So the movies aren't the most current ... it would have been nice to have a regular theater....

Leslie

There is no cinema on the Breakaway. However, on our sailing the first night they had a "movies under the stars" out at H20 on the big screen. I believe there was a 2nd time on the last night of the cruise as well. The other movies were always shown in the atrium on the large screen.

232323232%7Ffp54396%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C578%3B%3A347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3B6%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D348%3B876%3B79347nu0mrj

To me that's not "misleading"...that's a lie.

I guess I was being charitable. It could be argued that if they show movies in a different venue (the main theater, for instance, or the atrium), then that space becomes a cinema while the movie is being screened. The description doesn't explicitly say that there is a dedicated cinema. All that said, calling it a lie is not unreasonable.

I was just checking my Vacation Summary for my Breakaway cruise and under the section where you can pre-book excursions, order gifts, etc., they have a section listing all of the Onboard Activities (Nightlife/Entertainment), which includes a cinema.

breakaway_cinema.jpg

Does this exist or is it just a mistake on NCL's web site?

They also advertise a Pub Crawl in this same section. I have read on another thread that this doesn't exist either. Does anyone know for certain? I was looking forward to the pub crawl.

attachment.php?attachmentid=282030&d=1376099047

I guess I was being charitable. It could be argued that if they show movies in a different venue (the main theater, for instance, or the atrium), then that space becomes a cinema while the movie is being screened. The description doesn't explicitly say that there is a dedicated cinema. All that said, calling it a lie is not unreasonable.

Very charitable. ;) Honestly, I don't cruise to watch movies, but if they're going to advertise a cinema, then there should be one. I am an advocate of truth in advertising. ;)

There is no cinema on the Breakaway. However, on our sailing the first night they had a "movies under the stars" out at H20 on the big screen. I believe there was a 2nd time on the last night of the cruise as well. The other movies were always shown in the atrium on the large screen.

232323232%7Ffp54396%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C578%3B%3A347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3B6%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D348%3B876%3B79347nu0mrj

Michele...

That is hysterical. That is my husband sleeping in the chair!!!!! And my ponytail right next to him!

Archived