FTTF available...but can't purchase?

jaowel

I hope someone can answer this for me. My In-laws are going on a cruise with us on March 30. We both received the FTTF email last Thursday and I was able to purchase it for our cabin with no problem. However, when my FIL went on line just a min. later it showed there were 11 left, but when he went to add it to his cart, it said "not available for purchase" next to both of their names? I thought maybe they were at a higher status, but he says they are the same as we are.

Any thoughts? He called CCL and nobody could give him any answers. They all said "we are new and can't help you". Any advise would be great!

Thanks so much!!

Thats odd, If you in diffrent cabins should be no problem. You only need 1 per cabin so Im sure your speaking of a second cabin. Maybe there was 11 people with it in the shoping cart online looking to purchase at time..Not sure. I would first re-try booking it online OR just call CCL back and talk to a diffrent Rep whom knows what there doing. There are some reps who are no help and lots of whom are very good at there jobs and will direct you.

I hope someone can answer this for me. My In-laws are going on a cruise with us on March 30. We both received the FTTF email last Thursday and I was able to purchase it for our cabin with no problem. However, when my FIL went on line just a min. later it showed there were 11 left, but when he went to add it to his cart, it said "not available for purchase" next to both of their names? I thought maybe they were at a higher status, but he says they are the same as we are.

Any thoughts? He called CCL and nobody could give him any answers. They all said "we are new and can't help you". Any advise would be great!

Thanks so much!!

I keep checking my cruise a million times a day..am I to undestand this correctly..Carnival will send an email if it becomes available on your sailing?

Thanks for your help :)

It's strange because it shows up when they log in and go to the excursions page. They can click on "add to cart", but when their names show up on the next screen it won't let them purchase it. I didn't realize that there were so few offered per cruise. Hopefully they are able to find something out before they are gone.

Maybe have your father in law restart his connection to Carnival and try again?

He tried. I also logged in from my computer and it said the same. Oh well, I guess we will keep our fingers crossed.:o

I had same problem, it has to do with how you log in. Log out of main page, go to manage cruise, then excursions. When you find it then log in at the new link. I had to call their help number, not main booking but Online help number and they walked me thru. It was a pain for sure. I could not figure it out. But finally managed with the help.

Oh I think I forgot a step, when you you log in on manage there is a drop down, for check in etc, should be a plan activities link, I believe that was how they had me do it, otherwise I just kept ending back at same spot. If all else fails, call it was like a five min call, was very easy once it stopped kicking me back out. :eek:

So, the problem was his air transfer. It took quite a few phone calls before someone could tell him that. Their flight doesn't arrive until 10:30am in Orlando. He had to cancel the transfer, book FTTF, then rebook the transfer. Whew!

Thanks for all the feedback! Happy sailing!!

Thanks so much!!

What is the e-mail that you recieved ?? Who from ??

It came from Carnival. This is what it said

Want to squeeze every minute of fun out of your vacation? You can with our FASTER TO THE FUN package. This upgrade saves you time and hassle, which means it's full steam ahead when it comes to boarding, meals, excursions and more. Book early because availability is limited. Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink. Once clearance is received to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond Guests.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Price is per stateroom. Guests traveling in multiple staterooms will need to purchase one Faster to the Fun package for each stateroom.

Book today and get the fun started faster.

Archived