one 750mL bottle per person?

kenholt

I do underonstand that you can bring aboard one 750ml bottle per person but has anyone brought bigger bottle aboard and had no issues?

On our last cruise out of Galveston, I tried bringing two of the larger wine bottles (one for each person) in our carry-on thinking that they (Security) would surely let me slide since I had no more than the two bottles. I got a big fat "NO!" and they confiscated my two bottles until the end of the cruise.:mad: They made me feel like I was trying to sneak contraband on board or something with the way they carried on!:rolleyes:

Normally I hardly ever drink since I'm always the "designated driver". But when I'm on a cruise and don't have to drive home, I do like to party while I'm cruising. However, I only drink one kind of wine and Carnival no longer serves this particular, very-popular brand because they went to a cheaper label in order to cut costs. As it is now, they charge $30 for a skinny bottle of wine that normally costs only $6-$7 at the grocery store. A very big RIP-OFF, to say the least!!!:mad: So now I feel almost forced to smuggle "my kind" of wine in my checked luggage since Carnival no longer provides it, even at such a ridiculous mark-up!:eek:

Oh well, I know what I gotta do for our next cruise, but I definitely will be smarter the next time around!:p

Happy cruising to y'all. Here's hoping you have a great cruise.

I emailed Carnival and asked about the policy since I did carry on a 1.5L in NOLA in January but someone else said they were stopped in Miami doing the same thing. Unfortunately, Carnival's "official" policy is that one 1.5L is not allowed but you can carry two 750ml bottles if there are two adults boarding. I also asked them to reevaluate their policy as it makes no sense to me! In all honesty, I think it comes down to who is operating the scanner at the port and whether or not they know from the scanner if the bottle is a big one or a little one, or whether they give a damn which it is!

I've wondered about that very same thing.:confused: I thought I'd read somewhere that when you buy the tiny bottles of liquor while in port and you can bring these back on the ship without detection or Carnival holding it until end of the cruise. If so, I'm loading down!:p I'll have to research this further closer to cruise time, so I know the lo-down!

Happy cruising, everybody!;):)

Archived