What should I bring home

paumarier

Wow! That is great! Do you remember the name of the shop?

Thanks in advance.

Not really. I purchased so many items, but you will see these items all over Greece. No need to worry about a particular shop. Just kind of browse and look at prices. If I liked the item, I tended to purchase it regardless of the price. I did most of my shopping in Katakolon and Corfu, as it was near the end of the cruise and I knew by then what I wanted.

I misspoke when I said Turkey, I bought a jade pendant in Sirince when we visited Kusadasi, not the blue lapis.

Have a great trip!

I can't remember exactly what the blouses cost, but not more than US $20 or $25. You won't have trouble finding them, as they're in lots of shops. The neckline is crocheted with a drawstring, and the rest of the garment is soft wrinkled cotton. They are very adjustable for size, as you just draw the neckline more open or closed depending on your size. They come in a variety of colours. Happy shopping!

I lived in Greece when I was 15, I am now 56 almost 57. I am going back in June for the first time since then.

I have a pair of hand made leather sandals I got in the Plaka or Monastiraki in Athens. My daughter also wore them when she was a teenager and they are still in the closet somewhere. I also have an Evil Eye and other odds and ends. We are taking our two granddaughters, 11 & 13, I can't wait to shop with them there. My mom passed away last May at 91, she always wanted to go back. Wish I could tell her!

Going to try this, don't know if it will work. These articles are all over Greece. I fell in love with the blue lapis and bought quite a few different pieces at Katakalon and Corfu as well as Kusadasi Turkey.

And a typical Greek stone "Evil Eye" for luck, you will see everywhere.

As well as the Greek Black & gold porcelain tea cups, urns, vases etc.

The evil eye earrings look gorgeous! I'll be in Athens later in May, will have to find a pair for myself!

To the OP, My hubby and I travel all over Europe since we are stationed here (military). In every city we go to when we travel we try to pick up a fridge magnet. We try to pick a magnet that's not super cheesy or "touristy looking" even though that's what most magnets are, lol, but something that unique and represents the city that we saw. We found a small little piece of the Berlin wall at a market for sale back in February. It wasn't a magnet but we decided when we got home to add a plain magnet to the back of it. Now it's on our fridge so we have a piece of the Berlin wall on display!

Archived