Iam watching the dry dock show its nuts on TLC

losuds63

It's going to be a brand new ship inside and out when they're done. If they are even close to being on schedule, then I'd say they're well worth whatever they're being paid. :)

The week it came out of drydock, there were lots of reviews on the Royal Board commenting on the myriad of problems that passengers encountered. The consensus was that the ship wasnt ready to come out of drydock.

Here is one thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=111022&highlight=drydock

The week it came out of drydock, there were lots of reviews on the Royal Board commenting on the myriad of problems that passengers encountered. The consensus was that the ship wasnt ready to come out of drydock.

Here is one thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=111022&highlight=drydock

She looks good now. Like a new ship last month when I cruised. Looking forward to my return in three weeks.

Any new or refurbished ship is going to encounter problems on it's maiden voyage. Things which won't surface until passengers are on board using the facilities. Which is why I wait until a new ship has been on the sea for a couple of months.

That seemed just crazy, trying to do that much in such a short time, just to avoid having the ship miss any cruises ($$$). So of course passengers before and after were inconvenienced.

But I fell asleep during part of the last episodes. Did they get the clock to run?

It's crazy that full paying customers have to be subject to that - RCI, shame on you for pressing this ship into service before she was ready........

Not that it's right, but I'm sure they all do it....I'll have to check the RCCL boards to see how bad these issues were, but it couldn't have been THAT bad.....could it?????

I did see some of the show and I'm not surprised that things weren't 100% ready...they really were all pretty strung out at the end there. Nothing was going right..it seemed like a logistical nightmare!!

I tell you, I wouldn't have wanted to be ANY of those people....talk about stress!!!!

No matter what..it can't be denied that the ship looks really awesome. The changes they made were very nice.

Archived