Early Saver cabin switch?

Nana257

We booked our April 20th Dream cruise thru a TA. She doesn't seem to know all of the rules regarding our Early saver rates. We have a deluxe Ocean View. The ocean view cabins are all sold out. Can we change to a Cove Balcony without penalties since the ocean views are sold out? We booked using our future cruise credit, would we lose the credit by making changes? or would it cost us extra? Do I have to make any changes thru my TA? :confused: Thank you for any help. There is one thing I do know and that is that our cruise is in a month and it just can't seem to get here quickly enough!! :)

We booked our April 20th Dream cruise thru a TA. She doesn't seem to know all of the rules regarding our Early saver rates. We have a deluxe Ocean View. The ocean view cabins are all sold out. Can we change to a Cove Balcony without penalties since the ocean views are sold out? We booked using our future cruise credit, would we lose the credit by making changes? or would it cost us extra? Do I have to make any changes thru my TA? :confused: Thank you for any help. There is one thing I do know and that is that our cruise is in a month and it just can't seem to get here quickly enough!! :)

When you're booked ES, you can upgrade without penalty, so yes you can move to a Cove Balcony (if the fare for the coves is less than your current rate, there won't be a charge and if it's more then you can pay the difference). You could do that even if the ocean views weren't sold out. You won't lose your FCC credit by changing cabins, but be sure to watch your cruise docs because sometimes it does fall off and you (actually your TA would need to do it since you didn't book directly) have to call them and have them reapply it. Your TA needs to take care of upgrading you to a cove balcony -- you can't do it--it has to be handled by your TA.

I'm almost positive and if I'm wrong, I will be corrected but once you use a TA for the booking, everything has to be handled thru that TA. I also think that if the cove is the same price as your balcony then it should be no problem to upgrade. If there is a higher price difference for the cove then you will have to pay that difference.

Thank you for all of your help. My TA will be gettin a call today. The price difference between the Ocean View and the Cove Balcony is only $40. I've heard nothing but good things about the Cove balconies.

Thanks again. :)

Archived